Chapter 21

Sakura's P. O. V:

The full moon shines bright red above us with stars as I stand on a hill with Sesshomaru, his lips peppering my neck with kisses, occasionally leaving bite marks. Rin and Shinobu stand nearby as they gaze out at the stars, wolves howling in the distance, while Jaken is with us too.

Sesshomaru wraps his arm around my waist, tugging me closer. I can feel his warm breath on my skin.

After a few heartbeats, I could hear both Rin's and Shinobu's stomachs growling.

Sesshomaru must've heard too because he pulls back and turns to the children as he addresses, "Rin, Shinobu."

"Yes, My Lord?" Rin replies as she and Shinobu look at him.

Sesshomaru instructs, "If you're hungry, you must fend for yourselves."

I frown at that as Rin and Shinobu chime, holding up a hand, "Alright! We're off!"

As they turn to leave, Sesshomaru is about to resume kissing my neck again but I pull away, causing him to look at me in confusion. I say, ""By themselves"?! What are you thinking, Sesshy-kun?! They're just children! They can't fend for themselves!"

Sesshomaru responds, "Shinobu can."

I retort, the backs of my hands on my hips, "That's different! He's spent years training as a warrior, whereas Rin has had no such training! What if bandits or a demon were to attack them?!"

Sesshomaru and I stare each other down, and a few heartbeats pass. Just then, my own stomach lets out a loud growl, causing my face to blush in embarrassment.

"... seems as though the children aren't the only ones who are hungry," Sesshomaru says with a light teasing, causing my face to blush deeper. I haven't had anything to eat in awhile... Sesshomaru turns away. "Why don't you join the children? And since you're so worried, you can protect them. I'll send Jaken with you, as well."

I nod my head as I say softly, "Okay. Thank you, Sesshy-kun." I whisper as I pass him, "We can continue later." I feel the dog demon gazing after me as I get on the back of A-Un, along with Rin and Shinobu. Karina had joined us, too.

As he leads us to the forest, Jaken grumbles, "Oh, my goodness! Sesshomaru-sama has instructed Sakura, Rin and Shinobu to fend for themselves, so why did he then command that I accompany them?"

Shinobu asks, "How far are we going, Jaken-sama?"

He replies pointedly, "Until we find food. What do you think?!" Shinobu hums in agreement.

Rin asks curiously, "Jaken-sama? How exactly are you of any service to Sesshomaru-sama?"

Whirling around to us, the imp yells indignantly, "Hmmmm! I serve him in innumerable ways!"

"You do?!"

"Yes!"

I ask, giggling behind my hand, "In what way, exactly?"