Chapter 2: "Epsilon Eridani"

With the guards coming from every direction, my intuitive thoughts started to tick and itch. I opened the latch, and all I gotta do was open the door. Dallas, do it! It's now or never!

As the door swung open, I managed to go inside to what seemed like a suite. A suite for people with diamonds for houses. My body shrilled as I heard the voice of someone.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing in my room!?" I turned around, surprised to see a guy, holding an alien anthropological studies book. "Why are you here?" He raised a brow and closed his book. He took a glance at me.

"Help me!" Shit! Usually, I didn't want help from others, but... it's my dream. I achieved my dream! I'm in Quasar V! I would do anything and everything just to stay here! "P-Please... I... guards are after me!" I pleaded. I kneeled. I can't let this be the end. He looked down at me as the guards knocked on the door.

"Get in the bed, pretend like we're having fun over something!" He signaled me. I quickly got to his bed, messed it up, and pretended to say something weird.

"And then... and then... the cameras were all like BOOM!" I laughed over what happened earlier. The guards came in.

"Wait, you were the one behind that security alarm!?" He asked, amused. 

I laughed and pretended to notice the guards were there. "Oh shit... back me up, dude." I hid under the bedsheet. Hope he doesn't bail on me.

"Look, fellas. My friend and I were just playing a little prank on you guys. It's all just boring work here and there, but can't we just liven up a little?" He puts on a confident approach to dealing with the guards.

The guards look at me. "But, sir. He disabled the cameras. Surely, your friend is aware of that?" The guard says.

"Well? My dad could pay it off or whatever. Second of all, that was a dare, kay? You don't want me interrupting my dad just to tell guards were off chasing a prankster?" He raised a brow at them, still looking confidently.

The guards smiled and tipped their hats off. "Understood, Mr. Eridani." They leave as he locks the door. I was still scared and shaking.

"2 minutes of explanation. Time starts now and I don't want any jibber-jabbers." He puts his arms around his chest, giving me a suspenseful look.

I poured out everything to him since, well I'm desperate and also have no escape. My plan, where I came from, and how I was going to do anything just to stay here. Even telling him about everything. Every second, I need it. I can't just waltz here just to get caught. Being caught isn't my strong suit.

"And, that's why those guards chased me." Precisely 1 minute and 58 seconds. His face was in confusion and disbelief. "Please... please..." I murmured and shut my eyes close.

"So... let me get this straight. You are a stowaway... from Earth, and you're here to get info about your birth parents?" He summarizes it all. I nod. I saw the excitement in his eyes. He lets out an awed expression. "Whoa! What was it like on Earth!? Were plants everywhere? Were the sky blue and the sun warm? What was the air like? Did it taste like spring flower pollen?" His questions were bizarre.

I sadly shook my head no. "B-But, what about the books? They told us that the Earth was a paradise of green and blue and that the air was fresh and clean. I'm assuming it's all just a lie, isn't it?" Wait, what the hell? Has he never set foot on Earth?

"Sadly, those were written hundreds of years ago. The Earth is, well... dying." I said.

"One of your reasons why you wanted to climb aboard Quasar V?" I nod as I saw his disappointed face. "Sorry. I-It's just I'm just super curious what it's like down there. My parents lived there, unlike me. Stuck in this prison of titanium and alloy metal. No sunny days, just never-ending night skies under the stars." He points out at his 'sunroof', which I have trouble calling that since... we're traveling out of the solar system.