Chapter 85. Seventh Year Part Eight ☾

A/N: Warning! This chapter includes character deaths. Read at your own risk of emotional distress (I mean, not completely, but still...) sorry for the short chapter.

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"Breakfast time!" Narcissa announced, sweeping into the room with two trays. "An omelet for Kingsley and some gruel for my sister."

"It is almost nine in the morning," Kingsley said, scowling. "How is that still breakfast?"

"You're lucky you're getting it this early." Narcissa sniffed. "If it weren't for Annie going into labor, you wouldn't be getting any food until noon."

"The muggle went into labor?" Bellatrix asked.

"I don't see why you don't just let me go," said Shacklebolt, completely ignoring the death eater.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't go straight to the ministry and undo the time warp," the blond said, hands on hips.

"You broke at least fifteen laws and started a coup."

"Quite successfully, too." Narcissa turned to leave.

"Where are you off to?"

"Well someone has to keep watch over the few remaining students here while the rest of the staff go watch a half-breed be born."

The door slammed shut, and Bellatrix's eyes glittered.

Half an hour later, Narcissa was reclining in the headmaster's office, looking over some journal entries.

"Severus spends way too much time experimenting on Sirius," the blond commented, shaking her head.

"Professor Malfoy?" Pansy asked, knocking on the door.

"Yes, Miss Parkinson?"

"Uhm, I don't know how to ask this…"

"Oh, dear," Narcissa sighed. "I foresaw this."

"You did?"

"It's only natural when a girl is followed around by two boys…"

"Wait, what?"

"But, as much as I love Lady Crabbe and Lady Goyle, I would not recommend either of their sons…"

"Uhm, and what does that have to do with the man tied up in your office?" Pansy asked.

Narcissa sighed, her shoulders sagging. "Oh, never...wait, just a man?"

"Do you make it a practice to keep more people tied up in your office?"

"Pansy Parkinson, answer me now. Is he the only one in my office?"

The young Slytherin nodded. "Yes, and he's silently screaming, which concerns me greatly."

"Dammit!" Narcissa jumped to her feet. "I knew I should have watched her eat the gruel."

"Ma'am?"

"Pansy, you are in charge of the castle until I return. Do not let anyone in or out."

"Me, ma'am?"

"You're the only one left that I trust."

With that, Narcissa sped through the halls to her office, flinging open the doors. "Finite incantatem."

"Your bloody sister silenced me," Kingsley moaned.

"That's not all she did!" Narcissa rubbed her forehead. "Where is she?"

"Surprisingly, she did not reveal her evil plan to me."

"Shut it with your sarcasm, Shacklebolt," she undid his chains with a flick, "I am not in the mood."