Chapter 1

Today was the feast of fools and you were invited to dance there today

Right now you were behind the stage and waiting for Clopin to call you up.

After you came to Paris yesterday, you found someone willing to let you stay.

Hugo was his name. A 19-year-old gypsy lived with his family in a little house somehow hidden between the other houses in Notre Dame.

He was the kindest soul you've so far met here and you were really happy that his family liked you since you weren't a gypsy.

In general, most gypsy you've met here has been kinda nice to you. But there was a man that everyone feared. Judge Claude Frollo.

He's convinced that every gypsy is a sinner or an evil creature that was sent by satan to lead the world into sinning. They described him as a cruel, rude, and reckless man.

You didn't meet him yet but as they showed you, he was sitting on a large chair with many soldiers around him and a high-ranked-looking soldier next to him.

He looked over to the stage with disgust and looked rather bored. His appearance sent shivers down your spine.

"And there she is, the beauty in person: (Y/N)" Clopin shouted and let a purple powder fall to the ground.

While the audience couldn't see anything, you two changed places, and gypsy music started to play. All eyes were now on you while you moved your body to the rhythm.

- Frollos POV -
After the smoke began to fly away he spotted a misty creature dancing to the gypsies' music.

The form began to be clear and his eyes widen in disbelief. He never saw you, neither a woman such as beautiful as yourself here in town.

His lips parted, he wanted to say something but couldn't. He was mesmerized by the curves that were swinging in the red dress you were wearing and your raven curls that glided in the wind.

He started to feel a desire. A sinful desire, after you. He wanted to have you.

After you finished you bowed down as thanks and smiled thankfully for the applause you were getting.

He noticed there while Captain Phoebus watching you with a fascinating stare and throwing a coin after you which led the judge to feel a hint of jealousy.

- Your POV -
You were shocked by the positive feedback from the audience and were kind of proud of yourself.

You looked over to the judge that was the only one who didn't clap or cheered. He rather looked at you with rage and anger, which made you feel a bit afraid.

But you shook this feeling of you, took some roses that were thrown at the stage with you, waved as a last goodbye to the crowd, and left the stage.
Back on the ground, you were greeted with a big hug from Hugo and some compliments from the others.

You and Hugo made your way back to Hugo's. On the way, some people shouted compliments after you and told you how good you were.

Some men even asked you if you wanted to meet them in the next few days.

To one kind-looking man, named Finn, you accepted his offer and you both decided to meet tomorrow evening at his bakery.

As you two arrived at his home you went up to his room and decided since it was dark already to sleep.

You laid yourself down on the bed on the right and he laid on the left. Soon you fell asleep in the soft blankets.

- Frollos POV -
Frollo sat in his armchair in front of the fireplace and couldn't think of something else than you.

Since he saw you some hours ago he couldn't get rid of your lovely-looking dancing form.

He decided to let his guards search for you tomorrow to let you bring to him. He had to meet you in person and make you his.

He was sure that since you knew clopin the gypsies have been teaching you a spell to make him feel this way towards you cause you are in love with him.

This desire was just there because you had bewitched him, no doubt. There couldn't be a different reason.

He would never feel this way towards a girl who's dancing in public without shame and making this attractive appearance on such a feast.

He got up and started to pray..

Beata Maria
You know I am a righteous man
Of my virtue, I am justly proud

(Et Tibi Pater)

Beata Maria
You know I'm so much purer than
The common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd

(Quia peccavi nimis)

Then tell me, Maria
Why I see her dancing there
Why her smoldering eyes still scorch my soul

(Cogitatione)

I feel her, I see her
The sun caught in her raven hair
Is blazing in me out of all control (Verbo et opere)

Like fire
Hellfire
This fire in my skin
This burning
Desire
Is turning me to sin

It's not my fault
(Mea culpa)
I'm not to blame
It is the girl alone
The witch who sent this flame
(Mea maxima culpa)
It's not my fault
(Mea culpa)
If in God's plan
(Mea culpa)
He made the devil so much
Stronger than a man
(Mea maxima culpa)

Protect me, Maria
Don't let this siren cast her spell
Don't let her fire sear my flesh and bone
Destroy (Y/N)
And let her taste the fires of hell
Or else let her be mine and mine alone

Hellfire
Dark fire
Now woman, it's your turn
Choose me or
Your pyre
Be mine or you will burn

God have mercy on her
(Kyrie Eleison)
God have mercy on me
(Kyrie Eleison)
But she will be mine
Or she will burn!