☆ Chapter 7 ☆

Zack was spiteful.
Why should he have to apologize to some convenience store worker who didn't know his place? It wasn't Zack's fault the boy got on his nerves!
But because he was loyal to Kai, he regretfully led him to the store.

They landed themselves at a small convenience store in a neighbourhood Kai could only consider 'dingy.'

A chime sounded from above them as they entered. They boy who they'd been seeking was standing at the counter towards the front, giving them an absentminded 'hello' and leaving them to their business.

Though their business happened to be with him.

So Kai creeped toward the desk, giving a big smile and a wave as his other hand dragged Zack closer.

"Oh-"
The boy at the counter looked up when noticing that they went straight to the counter and his eyes widened.
A small smile appeared on his face directed at Kai, disappearing in an instant as he saw the taller looming behind the shorter, sweeter boy.

"Hi!"
"Hello..?"
"I brought him here to say something, if you don't mind."
"Uh... Alright?"

Zack winced, then sent a glare to the boy behind the counter again before his stature straightened and from his lips fell a clearly rehearsed, perhaps not out of his own will, apology for his actions the other night.

Daniel was so confused! How did Kai manage to get this hard-headed bully and make him apologize? Not to mention how embarrassing the situation was for both of them.

As Zack finished Kai clapped and pat the boy behind him on the head quickly.

"Good boy Zack! What's your name again?"
He pointed at the cashier, a questioning look in his eyes.

"It's uh.. Daniel."
"Oh wow! We know a Daniel! Well, anyways, Daniel, I wanted him to apologize cause his actions were rash, stupid and uncalled for,"
At each word, he elbowed the boy hard.

"I'm trying to make this idiot take some accountability. He needs to learn somehow that going through life beating up minimum wage workers just because he's angry isn't gonna get him very far. Right, Zack?"
"Yes.."
To Daniel this felt like a huge humiliation for Zack, he almost felt bad if the boy didn't deserve it.
He knows he's not the only target of his who can't fight back.

So he was kind of glad Kai was doing this, and the boy grew largely in his favour as well.
Though the only problem was Daniel now didn't know what to say to accept it that wouldn't make the angry boy angrier..

"Thank you for the apology?"
He asked more than replied as Kai's smile grew and Zack's frown deepened.

"I'm happy you accept it! If anything like this ever happens especially if it's Zack involved, call me!"
He dropped a small bit of paper, little doodles on its edges, then gave a big wave once more to signal his departure.

"Have a good night! Stay safe!"
He grinned again and walked off with the brooding teen behind him, holding his hand all the way.

"I don't get why you made me do that, it was stupid."
Daniel heard Zack say through the door of the store, hearing a thump satisfy Zack's wondering.
Seems Kai was beating the boy into compliance...