Ice Cream

I was waiting for my friends Drew and Winston to come over for a sleepover. I hadn't seen the twins in months, because they lived over five hours away, but they had come back for two weeks. And that of course meant sleepover time.

I had my room all set up, blanket fort supplies in the corner, two air mattresses on the floor and a pile of new PS5 games that I got for my birthday. I had only one controller, but the twins were bringing their own.

"Arnold!" My Mom called from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Come here for a second."

That must mean... no but maybe? I ran down to check and sure enough there was four ice cream tubs on the table. I listed them in my head. Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Nepolitan. But if I was having ice cream, where was Drew and Winston? My Mom pulled chocolae sauce out of the microwave.

I was just reaching for the ice cream scoop when Drew and Winston popped up from behind the counter.

"Surprise!" They yelled.

"When did you guys get here?!?!?" I yelped.

"Just a couple minutes ago, my Mom texted yours and we snuck in through the back door." Drew explained. Winston nodded.

I grinned. We all grabbed an ice cream scoop and loaded up our bowls. This was going to be the very best sleep over ever!