Prologue Part 1

The sound of birds chirping on a sunny morning was interrupted by the giggles of a small child as she ran ahead of her mother. Her red hair flying behind her and her green eyes sparkling with joy.

"Clary, not too far."

The girl, Clary, didn't seem to hear her mother's call as she had spotted something that spiked her curiosity. Up ahead, sitting on the edge of the fountain was a small bundle, that seemed to be moving. It rocked, dangerously close to falling in. Clary crept closer. The bundle rocked again, there was a cry as it went tumbling down, into the fountain.

Clary ignored her mother's cries as took off at a sprint, towards the fountain. When she got there what she saw shocked her. It wasn't just a heap of blankets sinking towards the bottom, it was a baby.

Clary climbed onto the side of the fountain, but before she could jump in her mother's hand pulled her back.

"Clary, how many times have I told you, no swimming in the fountain."

Her mother scolded.

"But Mummy-"

She tried protesting before she was cut off by her mother.

"But nothing, Clarissa. I don't care if you are hot or anything else, no swimming in the fountain."

"There's a baby in there."

"Stop with this nonsense, now. There is no baby in the fountain."

"There is. Look."

With a sigh, Clary's mother, Jocelyn, peered into the fountain. The shock registered on her face as Clary climbed back onto the side of the fountain, before jumping into the water. She swam down and grabbed the baby, then returned to the surface. When she got back to the surface, Jocelyn dragged her out of the fountain and grabbed the baby.

"Someone call an ambulance."

She yelled at the people who had been watching, as she checked the baby for a pulse and a heartbeat.

Hey everyone,

Hey everyone,

Coco here. I hope you like this book and please know that I'm always open to any feedback. All original characters and plots belong to the amazing Cassandra Clare, I only own Esme, her plot and any other characters I add in.

Esme is portrayed by Mordan Lily.

-Coco out.