Chapter 2: There was a PPT...

Debt: 9 churros

Paid : 1 churro

This chapter is a continuation of the prologue

What is it about love that makes us all so desperate?

Is there anyone in this entire world who hopes not to meet the love of their life?

Bitter. Sweet. Raunchy. Angsty. Heart-worn. Heartbroken.

We want love in all its shapes and sizes. Desperately waiting for it to step into our lives. For it to grow fully and unencumbered within our hearts. For someone to love us without bounds or limits.

That's why even I made that mistake.

The idea of love is so glorified and lovely. Covered in flowers, dipped in honey, coloured in the palest of pinks. Even someone with a logical mind would stray off their path and skip into love's waiting arms.

So when the classic star jock of the campus paid attention to me, whispered sweet nothings and secret smiles, I believed it was love.

And suffered. Because that love wasn't completely meant for me.

You, see, he fell in love with two people at the same time. But he loved my best friend Kinsley more. And, besides, I should know my limits. A disabled girl will always be a charity case, what did I really expect?

Well, I'll tell you what I didn't expect. I didn't expect the greatest young minds of our generation, studying STEM, would be so damn interested in my private life. Before Kinsley's barrage of crocodile tears and verbal assault was over, it had become a Special post on our university forum.

I was the homewrecker. The other girl. The frigid bitch who came between the campus couple. The best friend who cheated.

So. Here I am. 4 months later. Heartbroken over something that never really existed. Thrown out of my own dorm (because my roommate was said 'best friend'). 0 friends and a self-esteem that was lower than Mariana's trench.

The weekend after the Athletics meets, I sat in my Literature class, hiding behind my hair. Because Kinsley, her new 'boyfriend' and her posse were staring daggers at me and whispering.

I couldn't hear the whispers. But they made sure that by covering their mouth and smiling slantly at me, I was aware of what their hot topic was.

There were several pointed glances at my cochlear implants and my shoulders shrunk even lower.

I truly wished to vanish.

I was doing a passable job of it too.

Until HE came.

Kim min hyuk/ marshall/ mars stole the spotlight and decided to ruin my life.

He entered the lecture hall with pomp and took a seat right beside me. Then he started talking about debts and churros.

I wanted a quiet class. Quiet time.

But here I was. Getting chocolate sprinkled churro during my 8 am class when I had stupidly skipped breakfast.

Some bitches are just weak like that.

I was some bitches.

I stared at the boy sitting beside me, "why really? Why are you doing this?"

He smiled and turned his head to face me, "because I owe you."

I narrowed my eyes, "then give me all 10 churros."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 03, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Churroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें