𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Right beneath my grasp

-Mattheo Riddle

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Her pale skin warmed in light of the sun, her rouged lips exhaling small breathes, her dark hair fanned across my lap.

She has been sleeping for just over an hour.  

After we arrived back home I tried my best to clean her wounds without hurting her too much but I couldn't help but notice the small cry after I dabbed each gash.

I was sat on the couch in the lounge next to the fire with her sound asleep on my lap.I read multiple letters and drank a few glasses of whiskey but now I'm just watching.

She was becoming restless, her hand that was on my thigh next to her head rubbed against her eyes.

She let out a small whine like she was in pain.I ran my hand down her arm soothing her skin trying to calm her down.

"No"she whispered very very faintly.

She turned over so she was facing my chest, shuffling as close as she could get.

Here eyes fluttered open and she began to sit up, I held her by the waist waiting for her to fully wake up.

She looked around quickly confused on her where abouts but relaxed when she met my gaze.

"What time is it" her raspy sleepy voice matched her bed hair and tired eyes.

"Just past 8pm"

She turned around and stood up on her feet, gathering her hair into a bun at the top of her head she let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm going for some water"

I stood up from my seat and followed behind her into the kitchen.

She let out a breathy laugh from her nose.

"You don't have to follow me everywhere I'm not going to run away"once the glass was full she switched off the tap and took a large gulp.

"And now I'm going to bed"

She moved around walking past the island and right past the door frame I was leaning on.

"You can join me if you'd like"she smirked.

Tease.

A grin tugged at the corner of my lips when making my way up to the bedroom.

I walked into her room expecting to see her but she wasn't in sight.I furrowed my brows and walked towards my own room.

I heard the shower in my bathroom running and saw a trail of clothes leading through the door.

"You can join me if you'd like"she peaked her head through the door.Her bun falling to the side of her head.