07

☾︎

Sydney wasn't really planning on spending her summer finding wolves with her psychotic soulmate and his twin sister's boyfriend, lucky, wasn't she?

"Are we there yet?" Sydney asked for whatever felt like the millionth time, having trouble keeping up with vampires who basically never got tired.

"Love, be patient."

"You know, I agreed on road tripping, not hiking, i am a human who gets tired, unlike you blood sucking freaks." Stefan sighed for another millionth time.

"And if you don't stop sighing i will kill myself and then blame you so El- Damon will hate you forever for killing his best friend like you hate him for killing my almost-favorite-person-but-died-before-i- could-get-to-know-her." Sydney snapped.

"Who do you mean by that?" Stefan asked.

"Lexi, obviously." Sydney said.

"Thanks for bringing up great memories." Stefan sighed again.

"Hey, don't act like i didn't punish Damon, i adored Lexi, she could've been the best person in the whole mystic-gang." Sydney
stated.

"So who is this Lexi we have been talking about?" Klaus asked.

"Newsflash, you haven't said a word." Sydney smirked.

"Ouch." Klaus said and Stefan sighed, yet again.

"Shut it!" Sydney snapped at Stefan, already tired of both of these men, how was she gonna handle them all summer? Who knows.

"Are we there?" A few minutes has passed in silence, suprisingly, and Sydney got back at it again but now Klaus was the one sighing.

"Now you? Lord save me." Sydney prayed.

"Actually, love, we are there." Klaus smirked.

"It's not love, it's Sydney." She snapped at Klaus once again.

☽︎

After spending hours there, this turned out to be a dead end.

Klaus was disappointed, but they still had a lot to look for since it hasn't even been a week of their trip.

They rented out an apartment sized hotel "room" for the night, with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a kitchen.

Klaus usually had trouble with sleeping at night, he didn't really need rest and he was too stressed to even close his eyes for a bit and head to a different world, more peaceful that this one.

So he went to kitchen to get some water. As he took a sip of his water, he noticed something familiar on the counter.

It was Sydney's necklace. It felt so much like her. It was a little purple butterfly on the necklace, he knew it was her favorite colour.

His soulmate was harsh, Not to be rude or anything, but there was a part of her that was buried deep inside, a part that nobody could see, she was a nice person, she just needed someone to be nice to, someone like Elena, her other half that he had killed.

He felt guilty, way too guilty for all of this. He had been looking for her his whole life, expecting an angel, but all he could see was a devil in front of him, a broken one, just like him.

Someone who had a spot buried deeply inside, just like him. He had experienced a lot of bad things from life, that's why the good side wasn't visible. So it made him question, what did she go through that was so dark that she had the same thing happen to her.

Before going back to his room, he looked at the door next to his, Sydney always had lights on in her bedroom, Klaus had no clue why, she just did, maybe she was scared of the dark? probably.

He couldn't help but open the door of her bedroom. She was asleep, the covers not fully covering her.

She looked so peaceful, he got closer to her and pulled the silk covers over her before taking a small glance at her and then left Sydney's room, walking back to his own and going to sleep much easier than before.

☾︎

"Tennessee is like the dumbest state ever, why are we going there?" Sydney asked.

"Because, your boyfriend is forcing us to." Stefan said.

"Excuse me he isn't my boyfriend." Sydney sighed.

"Sydney, love, you were the one scolding us for sighing, what has gotten into you?" Klaus asked, worried.

"I don't have any enough books with me! how am I going to breathe?" Sydney dramatically yelled.

"Didn't you bring like 20 books?" Stefan asked, sighing for the billionth time.

"I don't have my breakfast book with me." Sydney almost cried.

"This girl..."

☾︎

"I think i might have found myself a new breakfast book." Sydney said out of nowhere after searching through all her books.

"That information saved this drastic day, ya'know." Stefan sassed.

"Ugh, this is why i prefer Damon over you." Sydney rolled her eyes.

Stassie's notes
𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑚 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 600 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑀𝑂𝑁𝑇𝐻𝑆 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒,𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠
- take care, i love u