Chapter 13

Narrator's POV
Days after the introduction, the rumour which was once like a secret was now out in the open, everyone was talking about it but she never knew about this. She and Frederick have hardly had time to discuss or it was more like they were avoiding each other for some reasons. Eva was even more surprised but believed that his change of behavior towards her must have been as a result of the advice she gave him to treat her as a normal employee, even though the sudden change was very disturbing, she decided that it was best to ignore the changes and continue with her normal work life.
Presently, she took her order from the waitress and thanked her as she opened her lunch and started eating. She looked around watching as many of D'VAN workers kept trooping in for their lunch. Ever since Diana travelled and she turned down Arianna's offer to help her mother out, she has been practically alone because both her cousins and everyone at work was obviously avoiding her, and though she tries to behave as though it doesn't matter, the truth still remains that she was almost dying of loneliness.
Mind if I sit with you? Someone said and when she turned it was a guy about six feet tall, muscular but dressed in a corporate office wear indicating he was either working at D'VAN or another company. No, please! She responded and he smiled and sat down on the seat opposite her.
Thank you, I am Roland Griffin! He said with a smile and then a handshake which I accepted wholeheartedly. It's nice to meet you, I am Evangeline Wright. I replied shortly  and he smiled again.
They continued eating silently but she just couldn't help stealing glances at the hot guy sitted in front on her. From under her lashes she analyzed him with her eyes as he ate his food calmly, Black haired and a pair of a darker shade of blue eyes and a handsome face. The tattoo on his chest was showing from the open top bottles of his white shirt and also on his arms which the rolled up hand of his shirt couldn't cover. Though he is dressed in a coperate attair, he didn't look like one to be working in D'VAN, hell is too hot to be.
You work around here? He asks her right before she could burst out her underlying question and so she quickly nods in reply.
Yes, I work at D'VAN. You work there too right? She asks him and he chuckled clearing her suspicion. Me? Hell no! He told her and laughs. What makes you think I will be working there?
Well for starters, this is almost like the company's canteen and also this is our lunch time and at this time, you mainly see D'VAN workers and also you are dressed in a coperate attair, I mean the shirt and pants and the matching shoes, well alnot including the way you rolled up the sleeves though.  She tells him and shurgged while he smiles already enjoying her company.
Well darling, firstly this is a normal restaurant where anyone can come in for Lunch, breakfast, dinner whatever the person wants, secondly a company's canteen is meant to be inside the company and not outside it; finally, a shirt, pants and matching shoes as you said can be a regular wear for any guy darling, so that doesn't mean anything at all. He tells her with a toothy grin and Eva could only smile to hide her embarrassment.
Oh my bad! She replies him which drew a loud laughter from him that obviously drew eyes to their table, and soon a brief silence settled among them but he ended it quickly.
I am confused though, how can someone as beautiful as you be sitting alone in a restaurant, don't you have friends? He asks her as he took a sip of his expensive champagne he had ordered.
My friend stopped working here some days ago,I am literally alone now. She replies him shortly and continues eating.
That's sad, you should consider looking for a replacement, being alone isn't something pleasant at all, you are an interesting girl and I guess it shouldn't be hard for you to make friends. He said with still with his unfading smile and Eva blushed slightly, it felt so good having a hot guy like him call her both beautiful and interesting.
She shurgs firstly and was about to reply him when a little girl practically rushed to their table holding a magazine.  Sir! Are you the one in this picture? She asks him boldly and Eva couldn't resist staring into the magazine, and there was the same guy who she was speaking with and another grey eyed handsome guy who unlike Roland had a cold look on his face but still managed to look hot, sexy and beautiful and under the magazine was written "The lifestyles of the American billionaire bachelors". She froze for some minutes only to look up when the magazine was taken away from her sight, and then her eyes shifted to him only to see him whisper something to the little girl and then smiled at her again.
Just then a girl dressed in a suit rushed in to their table and whispered something to him but she was sharp enough to pick out the things she said. "We need to leave sir, I don't know how the paparazzi got to know that you are here and they are almost here. She whispers to him and then he frowns slightly.
Eva couldn't help but wonder if she would have known who the guy was if she had her memories, he seems really powerful and popular too. She watches him speechlessly as he stood up tall from the chair and smiles at her again.
It was supper nice chatting with you Eva, and you should consider my suggestion. Here is my card, call me whenever you want. He said and then gave her a card and then wincked at her before leaving putting his dark shades back on, while the lady followed closely behind him. Suddenly, about 4 men on suits who were sitting and drinking also stood and followed him out and that was when she realized that the popular billionaire business man stepped in casually and no one noticed him.
Her eyes went back to the business card he gave her and she swallowed trying to calm her self down from how fast her heart was beating. She looked out from the window beside her and saw his men open a door to a Lamborghini for him and he enters quickly and the door was closed back, she sighed deeply.
Why did he leave like that? She heard someone say behind her and when she turned, she realized It was the girl had surprisingly she was still standing there but without the magazine and then Eva knew that he must have taken it From her.
He must have had something to do,.what's your name? Eva asked her but the girl was too sad to replie and so turned and ran back to her mother practically crying.
Eva sighed deeply and quickly called the waitress and then paid her before stepping out of the restaurant and just in time to see some reporters rush into the restaurant. Surprisingly, the once quite atmosphere outside the restaurant was now noisy and busily filled with people who all must have heard that billionaire was spotted at the restaurant and so came to see him, but unknown to them, they were some minutes late because he already left after giving her his personal business card which was already lying in a safe spot inside her bag.