The pool party

Eddie's pov
I searched through my piles of messy clothes on my bedroom floor for my sandals. There was a knock at my open door and I looked over to see Dustin holding them up.

"Are you ready now? It's been an hour." He complained tossing them to me. I caught them and placed them on the floor before slipping them on. He then looked down at my legs. "I don't ever think I've seen your bare legs before." He looked back up at me.

"Shut up," I pushed past him. "And it wasn't an hour." I looked over at the clock. "It was 30 minutes." I told him as I grabbed my keys.

"Whatever, you were taking too long." He walked outside with me. We rushed to get on the road since Steve lived a little ways away from me. "So, I have to tell you something." Dustin started. I could see he was a little nervous about something so it started to worry me.

"And that is?" I questioned turning down the music. 

"Um, so you know that girl that works at family video who you think is cute? (Y/n)?" He looked at me. I peeked over at him.

"Yeah?" I looked back at the road.

"Well I invited her." He told me. My eyes widened and i quickly pulled over to the side of the road.

"You..you did what?" I put the van in park and i quickly turned to him.

"It was Steve and Max's idea," he told me.

"How do they even know how I feel about her?!" I panicked.

"Because I told them, they weren't going to tell anyone, Steve can't talk to girls and Max hates everyone." He replied.

"True," I sighed. "But wait you invited her?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I told Steve and Max and then Max was like why doesn't he make a move? And Steve was like he's probably nervous. So then I was like no she's just different then him so he thinks he doesn't have a shot." He explained.

"And then Steve was like well why don't we invite her? And Max was like yes that's perfect! And I was like no he's gonna kill me. Then Robin barged in and was like how can he kill you if he's too busy making out with the hot girl." He continued.

"And then! I had Steve talk to her at work yesterday and he told her to come and she said sure." He finished.

"I don't know if I should hug you or hit you." I sighed, putting the van back in drive and starting down the road again.

"Decide that later." He turned up to music as we drove.

When I pulled up to Steve's place there sat the familiar black mustang with the white racing stripes. "Shit she's here." I looked in my mirror as I fixed up my hair.

"Just relax man, just be yourself." He smiled. I looked over at him, my eyes saying 'are you serious?' "Don't look at me like that. It's not worth it if she doesn't like you for you." He told me.

"God you sound like a fortune cookie." I sighed as I got out of the van.

"It's true though!" He followed closely.

"Mhm, keep telling yourself that Henderson." I knocked the door. The door suddenly opened and I jumped as she stood there. I looked her over, she was in a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top tucked into it.

"Hi," she smiled. I looked at Dustin and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Hey," I looked behind her to see Steve. He smiled and pointed at her.

"Look it's the girl you like!" He mouthed to me. I glared at him, making (Y/n) turn. Steve waved and rushed into the other room.

"Uh, okay then." She stepped aside letting us in.