𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 ; nine

"So yeah, that happened." You conclude as Soobin nodded. "Hopefully we can actually build a friendship, that doesn't mean I'll stop arguing with him though."

"Do you plan on being his friend once you guys leave Music Bank?" Soobin asks.

You nod, "It would be nice to have another friend, right?"

"It's pretty late now though Y/n, I think I'm going to go to sleep now." Soobin yawns.

"Okay, goodnight Soobin." You say before hanging up.

— ts

"Do you know who the replacement MC is for next week?" You ask Jake as the two of you walk in the hallways to your practice room.

Jake shakes his head, "I think It's some girl from that Class:y group though."

"Maybe fans will like you better with whoever you end up with." You say jokingly, yet bitterly.

Jake laughs, "Sounds like you're jealous of the chemistry I might have with your replacement."

You roll your eyes, "Oh please, If anything I'm grateful that I finally can get a break from you."

The two of you walk into the practice room and sit down, the stage managers hand you guys the cue cards and the two of you read through them.

"So are you excited to go to Japan?" Jake asks as his eyes look over his cards.

You shrug, "I'm not sure how I feel, I'm really excited to go there, but I've been praying for a break." You scoot closer to Jake to show him an error in the cue cards, "Music Bank is the closest thing I get to a break now since I don't have the urge to rip your head off every second."

Jake laughs and makes note of the error, "I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about getting my head eaten by alligators every time I come here now."

You roll your eyes and stand up, "Look at our stupid outfits, we look like a couple." You complain looking into the mirror, "This has got to be the worst one yet."

"Anyone would kill to match with me Y/n." Jake teases, fixing the collar of his shirt. "You should be grateful you get to match with me."

You roll your eyes, "Sure..." You say stretching out the end.

"Y/n!" You exclaim, followed by Jake's, "Jake-eu!"

The two of you do your jobs, and shortly it's finally over. You both get off stage and walk back together, "I'm surprised you didn't mess up, Sim." You joke as you stop at the vending machine. "Do you want something?" You ask as you click on your favorite can of soda.

"Nah, don't worry about me." Jake tells you as you guys are waiting for your drink to come out.

"Too bad, pick something anyway." You tell him walking behind him, "I put too much money in, so you might as well just get something."

Jake clicks on the soda he likes and picks it up from the bottom of the vending machine, "Thanks."

You nod and smile, "No problem."

"I would recommend bringing a jacket with you." Jake tells you before walking off to his dressing room.

— ts

The two of you are now inside the van, "No dinner?" You ask as the van passes almost all of the restaurants.

Jake shakes his head, "I have something better planned for us."

You guys approach a discreet park that was decorated with the prettiest lights, a blanket in the middle, and a basket that may or may not have food.

"A picnic?" You ask as you step out of the van.

Jake nods, "Yeah, I thought maybe you'd prefer to go to one place instead of two places, so I had the caterers bring the food here while we were at Music Bank."

"I do prefer this than going to a restaurant, this is more quiet and calm." You tell him as the two of you walk to the blanket that's being held down with pillows, more blankets, and food.

"Do you like it?" Jake asks as the two of you get down onto the blanket.

You nod and look around taking in the scenery, "You've outdone yourself Sim, I'm impressed."

Jake smiles at you and takes the food out of the basket, "I got one of everything because I'm not sure what you'd like."

"Well this picnic is about getting to know each other better, right?" You ask, smiling as you help him take the food out of the basket.

word count : 749