Chapter 4: settle in

September 1st

"Alright Tommy, I'm going to ask you some questions and your free to ask me some back. I'd like to get to know you." Wilbur said smiling to— his son.

Tommy looked down at the table and Wilbur felt a little nervous by that.
"Tommy, please look at me." He said. His voice soft.

But after seeing how nervous the younger one was when he looked at the brunette, he though that maybe it had been better if they didn't make eye contact.
Wilbur didn't want to make his kid uncomfortable.

"How old are you?" Wilbur asked after some minutes of silence.

"Uhm, I'm twelve, sir." The blondie said quietly and Wilbur felt how his heart rose of pain.

"Tommy you don't have to call me sir." Wilbur said trying to smile even if it hurt him to have to say this.

The blond opened his eyes with shock and looked down, before presumably realizing that he was supposed to look at the brunette.

They once again held eye contact as Tommy nervously spoke.
"Sorry." He whispered out. "What do you want me to call you then?"

Wilbur pressed his mouth in a thin line to make sure he didn't start crying right there at the moment.
"You can just call me Wilbur."

"Okay.." He quietly said, nodding along.

"Do you have any hobbies or interests?" Wilbur continued, resting his hands at the table.

He looked at Tommy who nervously shifted position but his hands remained clasped together under the table.
"I— i like video games? I used to play piano before too."

The brunette smiled when Tommy spoke. They have music and video games in common, pretty good right?
"Do you like theater? Musicals?" He continued to ask questions. Mainly because he was interested.

"Yeah.." the blond haired boy said glancing down and then quickly looked up again.
"How— how old are you?"

Wilbur was a little bit surprised by the question but smiled toothily.
"I'm eighteen. I'll be nineteen soon."

The kid nodded to what he said. Nervously biting the inside of his cheek.

"Do you have any favorite color or animal?" Wilbur asked.

"Mhm, i like the color red and I like cows." Tommy said. He seemed to have relaxed slightly.

"Ah, i like the color blue." Wilbur said still smiling.

"What's your favorite animal then?" The blond said curiously looking at Wilbur.

"I like sheep." Wilbur said and he could just feel the judgement storming through the blond.

"Sheep? How could you even prefer that animal over a cow?" He said but quickly put a hand on his mouth to stop himself from talking.

Wilbur let out a laugh at the comment standing up, he ruffled the boy's hair while he spoke. The brunette didn't notice the flinch.

"What can i say, their cute. Now let me show you to your room." He said.

Tommy nodded and quickly rose from his seat. Following Wilbur up the stairs.

"Alrighty, this is your bedroom." He said opened the door to reveal a big bed shoved into a corned with a bookshelf that had some random books at the same side of the wall as the bed.
Right in front of them was a wall covered in only windows and you could see the porch and the forest through it. It was slightly out standing so you had room to sit by it.
On the other wall was a closet and a desk with a chair.

"Do you need help packing or?" The brunette started but Tommy shook his head.
"No thank you."

"Okay, I'll be downstairs if you need me!" Wilbur said smiling.

He walked outside of the door and the blonde waited until he couldn't hear his footsteps anymore. Relaxing at the feeling of being alone.

Slowly, Tommy started to pack up all his stuff. The clothes got shoved into his closet and his extra blanket (his "just in case" blanket) got its place by the window. He had some books and papers for school and he put them on his desk.

And then his phone. The most important thing. He put it on the bed and took out the charger to charge it.

Well, that's it.
He's done.

-

Wilbur was watching tv when he eyed to clock for a quick second.

Oh, it's time to make lunch.

He's not really hungry, but maybe Tommy's hungry? So if it's not for himself, he could at least make some for Tommy.

The brunette walked up to the kitchen and started to make something easy.
Sandwiches? Maybe?

"Tommy?!" Wilbur shouted, "Can you come down?!" 

After maybe just some seconds, the blond boy was downstairs. Breathing heavily.
"Y—" a cough interrupted, "Yes?"

Wilbur confusedly glanced between his sandwich and Tommy before talking. "Well, i was going to ask what you'd want on your sandwich? You can help if you want to."

The kid nodded and went to stand next to the brunette, slowly making his own sandwich. Glancing between whatever he takes and Wilbur.

The —adult? Teen?— doesn't know why Tommy anxiously looks at Wilbur for confirmation before adding something to his sandwich.

What made this kid think he needs permission to add fucking cheese to a piece of bread?

"Do you want me to put on some music?" He asked and the blond flinched but fear quickly change to shock.

"If—if you want to? Whatever you want to it is." The kid said nervously smiling.

Wilbur smiled back as he picked up his phone, scrolling through his playlist pressing one with common songs.

The kid mumbled some of the lyrics and the brunette smiled at that. He starts to sing along to. Loud and happy. Tapping his foot to the floor.
Tommy laughed at Wilbur's excitement in singing and started to sing along a bit himself.

The two had an comfortable dinner. The music seemed to ease the blonde's nerves.

The brunette was planning on having a movie night with him in some days.
Kids likes movies, right?

Yeah!
I mean, what kid doesn't?

——————————————-
Funfact; i don't like movies:D
Anywayyyyyy
REMEMBER TO LIVE LOVE LAUGH!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️