Confession

Audio  playing

Audio  playing

Tegan's Confession

Integration room C. September sixth. Two thousand and twenty-two. Those present ar Detective Kayleigh Tance and Detective Nina Katerji.

You look like you want to throw up, Kayleigh. Do I sicken you now? I'll take your silence as a yes.

I kept waiting. After I killed Sandy, I waited for the police to turn up, but they didn't. I kept waiting to feel remorse about what I'd done. That didn't turn up either. 

It must have been about three weeks after Sandy's death I felt comfortable moving onto James Mackenzie.

At seventeen, James was the quiet, shy type. He was desperate to fit in but never did.

In that desperation, he saw no evil, heard no evil and spoke no evil. That was the problem. I know that he saw Sandy and her friends smear the word slut on Penny's front door, but when the police asked him, James said he didn't see or hear a thing.

If he had spoken to the police, they would have had proof they needed to have taken action against Sandy and her friends. Penny would never have died. But he didn't.

His silence didn't buy him the acceptance he craved, but it did help cause her death.

I didn't want James dead. I wanted him to suffer, which made things more complicated than they were with Sandy.

A lot riskier.

James had changed in five years, but unlike Sandy, not for the better. His first girlfriend broke his heart. He became a proud incel.

He had his own YouTube channel and podcast and was beginning to gain popularity on Tiktok.

James booked me as a guest for his podcast. I used the name Penny Briar and spoke to him for months on discord.

Acting like I was a woman who agreed with all his incel takes. He was so excited to speak to a woman who could see in his words the truth.

He wanted me to go to his record the podcast at his flat, but I got him to change his mind with cropped pictures of nude pornstars he thought were me. I persuaded him to come to my place or what he thought was my place.

It was the second home of a politician that was used only in the summer. I picked it because it was out of the way, and I knew we wouldn't get disturbed.

We drank champagne. Well, he drank drugged champagne while I pretended to take sips of myself. While I waited for the drugs to take effect, we danced, we sang, and he giggled a lot.

James Mackenzie, for a brief while, reached a carefree euphoria.

When he finally fell unconscious, I began to work. I secured his hands and feet. While I waited for him to wake, I cleaned away the glasses we used. Prep the tools I needed.

Did I enjoy the look of horror on his face when he woke up and realised something terrible was about to happen to him?

Yes. I enjoyed it so much. Do you want to know something funny? I thought maybe he'd recognise me. He'd guess I wasn't Penny Briar when the drugs wore off. Or when he stopped thinking with his dick.

But he didn't. I was insignificant to him and the others.

I burst his eardrums beyond repair with a thin sharp piece of metal. He screamed a lot. James begged and cried for me to stop. I let him rest for a day before I took tongue.

I was terrified he'd bleed to death. Thank God for TikTok teaching me how to stem bleeding. He was petrified of me. I enjoyed the power I had over him.

Three days later, I took his eyes. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I am not one to give up when things get challenging.

After that, I cleaned up, phoned an ambulance for him and left. It was touch and go whether he'd survive, but he did.

I'm glad he's alive. Truly, I am. His continued suffering brings me nothing but joy.

James Mackenzie will never hear, see or speak of evil again.

Confession paused