Chapter 8

I went back home and told Soph that I broke up with him. She gave me a hug, told me that it was the right idea, and we just ate a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream after that. 

I got a text from Morgan around 9:30, and she sent me a screenshot of one of those stupid soccer gossip Instagram accounts. 

It was pictures of the park Morgan and I were in earlier, and that was definitely us. One was a picture of us kissing, and another of us walking holding hands. 

They were pretty blurry, but you could obviously tell it was Morgan, and if you knew me well enough you could recognize me too. 

There was a screenshot of the message attached to it, and it said: 'Saw Morgan Weaver in the city today kissing this mystery girl. It could be her teammate Taylor Riel, as they were spotted together in the city earlier.' 

I went to the account, and checked the next post on the story. it was another message, presumably from someone different. It was from 5 minutes ago, and the first one with the pictures was from 15. 

'Looks like it could be Taylor Riel. But Taylor definitely has a boyfriend, and as far as her Instagram goes they are still together. Same with his.' 

There was even more. 

'One thing I noticed is Sophia Smith used to follow him , as her and Taylor are roommates and close friends. She no longer follows him. Neither does Morgan Weaver.' 

Why do people know this much about my ex boyfriend and my life? This is freaky. Also it feels weird thinking 'ex' boyfriend. 

I didn't let whatever emotions I was feeling show on my face, because I couldn't let it ruin my time with Sophia, which I really enjoyed. We could literally sit here and say nothing and I would still have a great time. 

"So what did you do with Morgan today?" She asked. 

Started the next woso scandal. 

"We just walked around the city and went shopping and stuff." I replied. 

"You went shopping?" She laughed. "You're broke!" 

"I know. I didn't really shop that much. But...." I stood up and went to my room where I had put my bag. "But I saw this and I couldn't help but think you'd love it." 

I handed her a box with a necklace in it, the same one I wear every day that my sister got for me the day I signed with the Thorns. 

"It's your necklace! The one with the rose on it. How did you know I love it so much?" She asked. 

"Because you always tell me." I laughed. "I think it'll look really pretty on you." 

I thought she was going to give me a hug, but instead she straight up kissed me. 

It certainly felt different than Morgan, there was more of a spark here. But I had to just ignore it. 

I stepped back, reminding her what I told her earlier about Morgan and I. 

"I'm sorry. I'm horrible. I'm terrible. I'm so-" She started, but I cut her off. 

"Soph, it's okay. It's new. But you have to treat it like if I was still dating Dylan." I said. "You've never done that before, so you still can't do it." 

I had no idea what that was about. But I didn't want to get mad at her. 

"I'm sorry." She handed me the box with the necklace in it. " I really am so-" 

"Soph. Are you serious? It's okay." I went to give her a hug, but instead, some stupid voice in my head told me to kiss her again. 

I shocked both her and myself, because I didn't expect to listen. 

"Um, I'm sorry about that." I said. 

But the way she looked at me, I couldn't resist. 

"Let me see you in this." I took out the necklace and put it on her. 

Right as I put it on, she turned and kissed me again. 

This is a game I can't escape. 

I'm on vacation so I have no idea if I'll even have time to post the updates I have written, so I am updating all 3 of my stories right now. If you haven't read the others you should go check them out! The 3 active books are this, My Cure and Little Sanchez. Hope you enjoy and happy belated holidays to everyone :)