00| Prologue

August 1st 7:47

August 1st 7:47

Caroline

There's something unfamiliar after being home from a vacation, well in my case being hauled off to a psychiatric hospital for half a semester.

Being home feels a bit euphoric yet unsettling, the entire car ride home my mom seemed hopeful and spoke to me like I just got back from a girls sleepover, I think she's afraid of me. My father on the other hand has an idea of me and sticks to that, underneath his thick cranium I'm his perfect sweet little girl that has never existed.

Humans are like that, when there is darkness and everything is not idealistic to their every needing tendencies they block it out. It's a disease that'll never be cured yet won't linger on like a tick so they block it in the dark corner of their memory and coexist with it.

I on the other hand, think that's bull. They did that with me by sending me to that God awful Sunny Days Psychiatric for mentally disturbed teens—- ironic isn't it? You get admitted and don't see a sunny day for the rest of that trial, luckily for me I had to serve for half a semester which was my entire junior year summer.

At Sunny Days there are semesters you serve based on your mental disorder, progress, or for how long your guardians admit you for; sort of like schooling systems.

My parents are not cruel, they did what any sane parent would do after... The incident but I don't want to talk about it, I want to be better—-I am better now and—-"Honey dinner" Erica says, I hate it I mean absolutely hate it when people interrupt my thought process "Coming" I respond back.

"Hey kiddo" father says while gleaming.

I sarcastically grin back in response as I pass him to gather the contents from the pots and pans onto my plate, he's the one that should be admitted, he is freakishly always in the constant state of being content with everyone and everything.

"Honey... Let's talk" my mother says as i make my way to my room. "I would like for us to eat at the table... From now on" hesitantly I turn and head to the dining room table.

We have a modern design all throughout our house, especially in our dining room with our nude,stone, and slate black accents and a light fixture illuminating through the whole room over our sleet wooden dining table.

"Your father and I thought it'd be best to withdraw you from Westbrook and move forward with St. Jose's private school for your senior year." She sighed "It's important that yes, you start fresh but that you recognize where it all went wrong and how to contain um your unspoken thoughts so that way they don't... Come to life"—-"What your mother is trying to say is that she wants you to start seeing a psychiatrist before school starts... Everyone sometimes needs an ear, this has nothing to do with you pumpkin or what happened between you and Abi"—- before he even finishes his sentence I cut him off, not letting him say the name of what makes my skin irk and blood boil and the sole reason I was sent to Sunny Days—- but there was never any Sunny Days it was a Hell Hole and that's all I had... Hell for, days.