the world, upright.

Sky blue waves licked at her ankles, sun beating down on the already warm sand. Hu Tao watches as a crab sprints across the sand, a giggle on her lips. Her ruby eye’s scan the area, flower pupils looking for a hint of excitement. Yoimiya and Yanfei - whom she came with - are off getting food, once she confirms they’re on the other side of the beach, her plan can begin.

Her hand slips underneath the towel, the underside leaving her hand cold and sprinkled with fallen sand. It was a wonder she was able to sneak it down her, having a water gun stuffed into your shirt wasn’t very comfortable, but she was able to slip it under the safety of the towel when the girls sat down their towels - and after a struggle - put the umbrella up. A super soaker firmly in her grip, her eyes drag over a small blue pail. It looks innocent, half buried in the sand, with a small orange shovel to match. Inside, however, lay a clever ruse. 

This morning Hu Tao, under the guise of packing for the trip, was in the bathroom hurriedly filling balloons. The rubber slipped past her fingers and she spent more time cleaning up the spilt water than actually filling balloons, but she ended up with enough. She felt bad for the many - many - cold, soaked towels. 

She glances back and forth one last time, and can see Yoimiya’s form in the distance. She has to be fast. The sand is wet beneath her feet as she stands. It took a while, but she was able to convince them to set up directly by the water. It made her job- no, mission- so much easier. The water is warm against her thighs as she wades deeper into the salty sea. Seaweed brushes against her leg, and as much as she wants to sprint back to dry land, Hu Tao stays in the water. Looking around one last time, she quickly begins waterboarding her squirt gun. Under her breath she asks who the gun works for, and giggles at her own joke.

Once the bubbles stop, she clicks the lid into place - to avoid any water spilling on the way back up - and makes a break for the umbrella. Hu Tao can see her girlfriends coming closer, apparently absorbed in the other's company. Yoimiya’s hands are full of food, while Yanfei only holds a few sodas in glass bottles - (awwww, coca cola in a glass bottle is her favorite ♡!) - she’ll have to wait till they set the food down, it would suck if Yoimiya’s butterfingers dropped Hu Tao’s bacon cheeseburger. 

She’s able to make it back, and snap the soaker under the towel. With no-other way to hide it, the sharp plastic doesn’t feel great on her legs - which she’s crossed over the weapon - but it hides her plot. Her partners approach and Yoimiya sets her loot down on her towel. Hu Tao sees her opportunity and readjusts slightly, hooking the gun with a finger while playing it off as adjusting the corner of her blanket. Out of the corner of Hu Tao’s eye, Yanfei giggles, apparently aware. They both knew of something Yoimiya did. When she sets anything down, she automatically stretches afterwards. 

She shrieks as the cold water hits her back, and Hu Tao couldn’t stop laughing - even if she tried.