Chapter 17.

________________________

After much time they all finally agreed stiles wouldn't know unless absolutely necessary, they also agreed to go searching for answers to explain how a hell hound was killed.

"We can still catch him." Malia said, continuing to thread carefully through the darks Woods.

Alex really expected as a high school graduate at 19 years old that she'd be done searching the woods for clues, but she also expected to leave this place unscathed and with no supernatural backlash. She was oh so wrong.

"Getting the bullet to Argent."

Alex zoned back in.

"Even if he's the one who fired it?" Lydia asked

"He did not fire it!" Alex snapped, they all shared the same worried expression.

"You really think my own father, no no - my only parental figure would see his only living daughter - oh once again - his only remaining family and still shoot the bullet" she questioned, with a lecturing tone.

"Okay, she's got a point" Lydia agreed

Alex was trying to convince herself more than she was trying to convince her friends. She only had to hope that for some possessed reason, Chris argent did not that To hunt the supernatural again.

"Do you hear that?" Scott asked, his head shooting in the direction of the faint footsteps.

"Heartbeats?" Malia questioned

Isaac nodded "A lot of them"

"They're here.""

" Who?" Lydia Asked

"Hunters." Scott panicked

"What?" Alex almost scoffed, the town hadn't be greeted with hunters since.. since her own father stopped and Gerard fled from the town.

"Run" Scott warned, giving no time before he took off. Glances were shared before they all followed behind his trail,

"Scott, wait.Scott!" Malia called, but he kept running. He kept hearing the hunters.

Before Scott McCall knew it, he was in the middle of a pool of officers, all pointing guns at him. Mid panic Scott did the only thing he knew how - he shifted, his eyes glowed the deep red of an alpha.

Alex rushed over to the alpha, she wasn't too worried about the guns. She let a gentle hand rest on his arm, his bleeding eyes shot towards her

Alex raised her brows "Scott, think about this okay."

Alex leaned closer, "you need to get your shit together and breathe before you get shot enough times that even you don't heal" 

Scott looked back down at the sherif, his eyes widened has he truly realised his actions. Scott stood up quickly, his eyes now back to their regular brown.