Chapter 2: The White-Doored Room

"Doctor?" You called out. No one answered, as your voice echoed slightly in the darkness. Bringing your whole body in the space, you called out again.

"Hey Medic. You in?" No answer. Taking quiet steps in, you heard a soft cooing sound, and jumped back startled as you came face-to-face with the German's beloved bird, Archimedes.

You breathed a sigh of relief, as Archimedes stared at you with his beady black eyes. Checking to make sure no one around, you leaned in closer to the bird.

"Uh, Archimedes, did you see where Medic went?" But Archimedes continued to stare with no response."What am I doing?". you scolded yourself. "I'm talking to a bird. Of course it's not gonna answer!"

Afterwards, you pushed away the double doors and sat in the chair closest to your left and placed your chin atop your palms.

"Where is he?" you wondered aloud. "I checked everywhere. Except..." With this, you stood and began a light jog to Medic's bedroom.

Not a single person on either team had been in that room. In fact, sometimes your teammates (especially Scout) would create looks of what lay behind his door. For all you knew, he could have the other team's heads mounted on the walls, like a prized bear at a winter cottage.

The door was a standard wooden door, painted white as the owner's doves. Heart practically beating out of your chest, you softly knocked the centre of the door twice.

"Medic?" she asked quietly. It was silent on the other side. "Medic, it's me." Still nothing. Although, you could detect a faint rustling from inside.

Taking one final breath, you held a grasp of the knob and slowly turned it. When the mechanism was comepletely out of the slot, you pushed open the door and again, poked your head through the door. Yet this time, you were greeted by a familiar face. But that face was doing something you never expected.

There lay the doctor, on his bed, clinging to his pillow.

Crying.