Chapter 5

"Hey Jay" Michelle said, kissing his cheek in greeting as he did the same to her. "Hey Michelle, how are you holding up?" Jay asked, curious to know how she was doing with the breakup.

"I'm fine" Michelle sighed. "What about you? Anything new in your life?" she continued, not wanting to talk about the breakup. "Well, I-" "Jay, Michelle? What a coincidence!" Adam said, interrupting Jay to give Michelle a hug and a kiss on her cheek to greet her while Jay was glaring daggers at his colleague. "You look beautiful" Adam told Michelle after pulling back from the hug, making Michelle thank him and invite him to sit with them, much to Jay's dismay.

"So, how are you guys? Haven't seen you in a while." Michelle asked the both of them after giving her order to the waitress that came by. "We're fine. It's busy at work but nothing we can't handle. How is your work? Your boss still an ass?" Jay answered, making Michelle laugh while saying "of course he is. I did get a compliment last time because I brought in this big company as a client." She told the both of them, making Adam ask who it was. "Attorney client privilege, mr. Ruzek. I'm not at libery to say" Michelle said, winking at him to let him know she was not telling him who the client was. "How are you doing with the breakup?" Adam asked, changing the subject to what was important for him. He wanted to find out if he had a chance with the girl in front of him. "Wow, you're very direct." Michelle commented, awkwardly laughing. "I'm coping, I guess? It's just all very confusing right now." "Let me treat you to dinner tomorrow. 7 o'clock. I'll pick you up." Adam said, straightforward as he is, making Jay interrupt before Michelle could say anything and say "dude. What the hell?" seeing as he was on a coffee date with her and he was totally hijacking his date. "What?" "You're totally interrupting my date with Michelle and then you have the guts to ask her out?" Jay asked, flabbergasted from the nerve of this guy. "You didn't do anything, so-" Adam was interrupted by the beeping of his and jay's phone. "I'm so sorry Michelle but we have to go. Voight needs us." Adam said, excusing himself and rushing off while calling "tomorrow. you and me. I'll pick you up at seven." Even though she didn't even agree to the date, making Michelle flabbergasted as well. "What just happened?" She asked Jay who was grabbing his stuff, leaving enough money for all three of their coffees before he said "I have no idea. I'm sorry I have to cut this short, duty calls. Rain check for tomorrow? We'll trash talk Adam then" Jay joked, giving her a kiss on the cheek before running out to his car where Adam was already waiting.

"How did you even get here?" Jay asked him, while getting in the car and letting Adam in. "I was dropped of by Antonio. He told me you were getting coffee with Michelle and said I needed to rush if I wanted to have a chance still." Adam explained, making Jay groan and say "that was definitely Gabby's work to sabotage my date. We're pushing her back in the arms of the firefighters dude. You gotta let me have a chance with her." "Well I have a date tomorrow." Adam said, not understanding how this was sabotage. "She didn't even agree to it. You just told her." Jay objected, before pulling over and getting back in work mode for the task ahead. "We'll talk about this later." He said before leaving the car.

Meanwhile Michelle was calling Gabby complaining about how awkward her meet-up with Jay was because Adam came. "It was so awkward and I don't know what to do. Jay clearly thought we were on a date and Adam ordered me to come on a date with him tomorrow. What the heck Gabs?" Michelle groaned, while Gabby laughed loudly attracting the attention of Shay, Casey and Severide. "Okay so you're saying that you were just talking with Jay and Adam suddenly showed up, asked you about the breakup and told you he would pick you up for dinner tomorrow? And then they started arguing because this was supposed to be your date with Jay? I'm dying over here Michelle" Gabby spoke out, doubling over in laughter at the situation. It was so much more fun when something awkward happened to your friends. "Oh hold on, Antonio just texted that they are both bitching about the fact that you were using Kelly's car. I can't" Gabby said laughing even louder, making Michelle laugh as well. "I knew there was a reason Kelly was so insistent on me taking his car." Michelle laughed, not bothered by it at all. She actually thought it was pretty sweet. "But what do I do? I don't know if I want to go on a date with Adam or Jay. I'm just talking again with Matt and Kelly." "Just sleep on it for tonight. Why don't you come visit us? We only have 2 hours left on call and Casey told me you would be going to their place for dinner." "Sure I'm on my way. See you soon." "See ya, bye" Gabby replied, hanging up.

"So, spill the beans Dawson. How did Adam know about Michelle's date?" Shay asked, curiously, while Matt and Kelly were listening in. "I may or may not have asked Toni to tell Adam to sabotage this a bit. And boy did it work. You're welcome guys." Gabby explained, saying the last part directly to Matt and Kelly who were so happy they immediately rushed to hug Dawson as a thanks "thanks Dawson, that means a lot." Matt said after Kelly thanked her. "You're welcome, she's good for you guys and you're good for her. You'll get there again." She said before walking off towards the driveway to wait for Michelle.