ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20

♫ All those fairy tales are full of shit
One more fucking love song, I'll be sick, oh ♫

Max Verstappen POV

We kissed last night and probably stayed on that couch longer than I would like to admit. The next day my mom, Victoria, Tom, and Luka arrived to stay here for a week or two to see how we were recovering. And Victoria is also pregnant again, it's another boy and due around the same time Luka was born.

I and Mia acted as if nothing happened, I don't think we will talk about it soon. We were all having lunch and everyone was loving the food.

"I forgot what a great cook you are" My mom says and Mia smiles.

"I hope it's not too strong" She says looking and Victoria.

"Oh, no. It's perfect. I would eat your food every day of my pregnancy, it's divine" She says starting to serve herself a second plate of food and we all laugh.

"Do you mind that I sleep with you in your room? It's a King bed, we have enough space" My mom asks Mia, she was finishing swallowing her food when Emilia talks.

"She could sleep with daddy" She says and Mia almost chokes on her food but is able to swallow it.

"What? Why would you say that Emilia Verstappen?" Mia asks completely surprised. Everyone's jaw dropped when she talked.

"I saw you kissing. Only couples kiss, and couples sleep together. That's why opa and oma sleep together. They told me" She says with the most innocent look and I started coughing. Oh, God.

"That's true baby. Couples normally sleep together. Like Victoria and Tom. They also kiss and make babies like Luka that turn into children like you" My mom says trying to defuse the situation.

"Then mom and dad can sleep together. I would like the baby too" She says and Mia was red as a tomato.

"Baby, mom and dad are not together and we aren't a couple" Mia tries to calmly tell her but she laughs.

"You were a couple, kissed and made a baby who turned into me. You can do it again and make it last forever and ever" She says excitedly.

"That's not how it works. People have to have feelings for each other for it to happen" I try to help and she nods.

"Dad, do you love mom?" She asks and I look at her feeling like it just backfired.

"What?" I ask trying to think of how to change the conversation and everyone looked at me.

"Of course Dad loves me. We loved each other and made you. That changed. You know it Emilia. You should let these conversations between adults" Mia says and I sigh in relief. She almost caught me there. My daughter is too smart. She makes me remember Mia as a kid, it was good but a nightmare. Just like this.

"Okay mommy" She says shrugging and continuing to eat as if nothing happened.

"Sophie you can sleep in my room. You are a guest. I and Max can share a bed easily. His bed is pretty huge anyways" Mia says and my mom nods smiling.

"Thank you honey. I wouldn't mind sharing the bed with you but it's less awkward this way" She says and they both laugh.

"Don't worry. I will go get the dessert" She says getting up and going into the kitchen.

"Are you two back together?" Victoria whispers as soon as she leaves.

"No! It's nothing like that. It just happened. I'm pretty sure she feels it was a huge mistake" I say and she laughs.

"You are gonna be back together in no time" She says happily.

"She is right" Tom says, Mia enters the room and we start eating the dessert which was delicious.

"The food is a bit more healthy but they are on a strict diet to make the recovery easier and faster" She says when we finish.

"You are an astonishing cook either way" Tom says and gets up to help her with the cleaning.

"Thank you Tom. I will make sure you are all well fed while you are here" She says and they both take stuff to the kitchen. Em was already on the floor painting a coloring book in her little table.

"You seem happier than ever" Victoria says and my smile grows even wider.

"I am the happiest I've ever been" I say looking at Em.

"I can't believe we thought the first grandchild was your sister's and it was actually yours. But start planning the second, she clearly wants a sibling" My mom says and we laugh.

"I don't think that will happen soon, we are still pretty young for that and I don't think Mia would agree to have another child, especially with me" I say and hear Mia and Tom talking in the kitchen.

"She still loves you as much as you love her" Victoria says and they come back a couple of times to pick up the rest of the table.

When they ended, my mom cleans it and Victoria goes to feed Luka who started crying. We went to sit on the couch and Mia was by my side, then my mom, and finally Tom and Victoria. Luka was in their bedroom sleeping.

"How is living together going?" My mom asks looking at Mia.

"I like it, it's way easier to have him around. He saved her life and I just want him to recover as fast as possible so he can win the championship" She says and I look surprised at her.

"Do you think there's a chance that I will win?" I ask and her smile widens.

"You will win, I feel it. It's closer than ever. I know it's unpredictable but you are the best version of yourself. If the recovery goes as supposed I think you will be just fine" She says and I smile from ear to ear, I like to hear this but now I want to win more than ever.

"I will make it happen so you all can be proud of me" I say and all of them had huge smiles.

"We already are really proud of you" My mom says and I nod while she hugged me.

"You are doing great. Maxie would be proud of where you got" Mia says and that was the first time I heard her calling me that in years.

She called me that since we were kids, and she liked it. I also loved it. And hearing it again made me love it even more. Made me understand that now I probably love her more than ever.