"Fuck."
"Nice to see you Bryar."
"Matt....."
"What? You're not happy to see me?" He says, a smirk growing on his face
"oh my god, kill me now" Bryar said, rolling her eyes

Bryar sat in class counting the minutes that have gone by, waiting for the bell to ring. It felt like it was taking extra long this period.

As she was waiting for the bell to ring, she noticed matt texting someone.

"ooo who are you texting?" Bryar said smirking
"none of ur buisness kid" Matt said putting his phone down
"is it madi? I had a weird feeling you liked her a little while bac-"
"I don't like Madi. She's like my sister. Besides, I'm texting nick dumbass."
"Oh." Bryar said feeling dumb, "Well tell him I said hi!"
"No."
"yes."
"no."
"please?"
"no."
"god damn. Fine I'll text him." Bryar said pulling her phone out
"Bryar, Matt, no phones out in class. Detention afterschool today. Both of you."
"WELL FUCK MATT." Bryar said slapping his arm
"LOOK WHAT U DID!"
"What I did?" Matt said , his eyes opening wide ,
"I wouldn't have been caught if you didn't talk to me in the first place!"
"Yeah well-"
She was cut off by the bell. Matt got up and stormed past her, making her feel a little bit guilty. She tried to not let it phase her, as she went to her next class.

...

A couple classes went by before lunch. Once bryar got to the cafeteria she looked around for a bit before finding Madi, Nick, and Chris sitting at a table in the corner of the room. She quickly makes her way over to the table, but get's stopped by someone grabbing her waist.

"Damn Bryar you looking extra good. Summer did you well." Josh, the popular jock of the school said, smirking and looking her up and down.
"Haha... thanks." Bryar said, looking at her friends, "But i have to go. Have a good one." Bryar said turning away from him
"Hey." he said grabbing her yet again, "How about you sit with us and I take you out for dinner later."
"Uhm... haha... I'm good. But thanks.."
"Damn girl playing hard to get. Just sit down.." He said pulling on her
"Please stop" she said, as his grip was getting tighter. "I'm going to my friends now."
"Why babe-"
"Dude she said stop." A familir voice says from a behind the two, "Josh let go of her."
"Sturniolo! Whatever bro you can have her." Josh says, letting go of her.
"Thanks.... Matt." Bryar says, turning to him with a grateful look on her face. "I really appreciate it."
"It's whatever." He says, continuing to walk to the table that his brothers and Madi were sitting at.

Eventually the two both got to the table, Matt sitting next to Nick, and Bryar sitting next to Chris. Chris hugs her, and she hugs back, when she sees Matt looking at the two from across the table. She just brushes it off, but why is he acting so weird? It must just be in her head.

"So.... McDonalds afterschool?" Nick says looking around the table at everyone
"I'm down." Chris says
"Same" Madi agrees
"I can't. " Bryar says looking down, "I got detention."
"Already?" Chris says looking shocked, " It's the first day of school! And you never get detention! What'd you do?"
"Uh I was texting in class." Bryar says not looking up from the floor, clearly embarrassed.
"Yeah it was my fault." Matt says, causing Bryar to look up at him confused ,"I have detention too. We were on our phones during class and got caught."
"Oh that makes sense." Chris says, ending the conversation as everyone else falls silent.

But Bryar was lost in thought. What is with Matt today? Why is he defending her? And why did he help her out with Josh back there? We aren't supposed to get along. He's supposed to hate me. What is going on? And why do I feel so strange? Suddenly she feels a tap on her thigh. It was Chris. He was letting her know that lunch is ending, and to be honest Bryar was kind of glad it was. Something weird was happening in that lunch room, and she didn't know how to feel about it.

...

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, and it was time for detention. Bryar was dreading detention. Detention itself is bad enough, but detention with Matt is 100x worse. As she walked into the Math room, which was used for detention, she met eyes with Matt, who was sitting down in a desk at the back of the room. She decided to sit next to him, because why not. As she was sitting down, she met eyes with him again, this time not breaking  the eye contact.

"Uhm.. I think all the teacher's left." Matt said, looking away to break the eye contact
"what? what do you mean?"
"I think they forgot about us." Matt said, laughing
"well what the fuck do we do now?" Bryar said feeling lost, "What if they locked the school up already?"
"Relax. My mom used to work for the school, I know where the keys are." Matt said , "But when would you ever be alone in a school like this? I think we should have some fun." Matt said smirking

authors note:

fun? hmmmm
next chapter is interesting guys!!!

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter <3