𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀'𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳𝗳

Cherry's summer was both exciting and terrifying, and she is frankly, glad it is over with. She is quite ready for the peaceful familiarity Hogwarts gives.

On the day after the Sorting (which is nothing like her own, with the dramatic, unpredictable, Hatstalls), Cherry is approached by her Head of House, Pomona Sprout. Cherry quite likes the woman—she is welcoming, warm, kind and everything Cherry's mother is not.

"Ms Parkinson," Professor Sprout beams as she settles into the chair in her office. "How was your break? Would you like some tea?"

Cherry smiles, "My break was quite exciting— I spent it meeting my brother's future bride, Flora Greengrass. And yes, some tea would be nice, thank you Professor."

"Are you and your parents getting along, then?"

"Kind of. I'm not quite sure if they suddenly like me again, or if it's so Flora doesn't feel uncomfortable."

Professor Sprout nods sadly, handing her the cup of tea (two milk, two sugar— Professor Sprout knew all her Hufflepuffs' tea preferences). "If it doesn't go well, I will be happy to help. Now, you mentioned in your career counselling last year that you wanted to go into wandmaking? Did the break change your mind?"

"Nope! Still Britain's future wandmaker, here!"

Wandmaking is a respectable career, although it isn't a ministry job. There are very few that are qualified, and fewer that are any good, so Cherry has her work cut out for her. If she could get an apprenticeship with Ollivander or even . . . Gregorovitch, she would be set.

"Great! Then, in case you've forgotten, you'll need to take . . . well there isn't a set requirement because wandmakers are so rare, but I would recommend you take Herbology for the woods and plant knowledge, Care of Magical Creatures for the creature knowledge you'll need if you decide to experiment with wand cores, Transfiguration, Charms, Magical Theory, and Advanced Arithmancy for the enchanting. Potions as well, although it's not necessary— I believe all you need to know is the Wand Core Treating Potion as well as the Wand Wood Potion, and that you can buy if needed."

Cherry nodded, she remembered having this conversation with Profesor Sprout, but the professor seemed much more certain now.

Aw, did she research for me?

"That is. . . seven courses, quite a lot for N.E.W.T. students, I think," Professor Sprout comments, not unkindly.

"I think I'm up for it! But, could you add D.A.D.A. to my course load, as well? With the war . . ."

Professor Sprout yet again gives her a sad smile. "Of course. Is that all?"

"Yep," Cherry says, getting out of her chair.

"You'll get your schedule later today, dear. Oh! And when you leave, call Ms Haywood in, would you?"

Cherry nods and does exactly that.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

The next day, Cherry is excited. Her first class of the day is Care of Magical Creatures, and she is excited to see if Professor Kettleburn would start the year off with the Golden Snidget. She knows it's on the curriculum and she's really excited, because Golden Snidgets are extremely rare—the species never fully recovered from all the hunting wizards and witches did all those years ago.

In her haste, Cherry almost forgets to check her forearm to see if the Sticking Charm has worn off— it had. She pales and hastily opens her makeup pouch, smearing her foundation on her inner forearm and casting a Sticking Charm again, thinking back to the day she got her mark.