Chapter 2 - Today Was a Fairy Tale

________________________________

"Fell in love when I saw you standing there

"Fell in love when I saw you standing there."
- Taylor Swift
________________________________

We were on a plane to Texas a few hours after our conversation with Grayson Hawthorne. We were riding first class, Libby had ordered a bunch of food for us, which we were all happily enjoying.

I could tell Avery was thinking the entire trip. She only talked a few times, most of her time was spent looking out the window, into the clouds.

Neither of my sisters had ever flown. Only I had and only a few times. Avery and Libby were blown away when we were in the air, both of them fighting over who got the window seat. The entire flight I thought about the when I was fifteen, living my best life—or so fifteen year old me thought—and enjoying the wonders of the rich life living in Texas.

At the airport there was a lady waiting for us when we got there. She wore a tight black skirt, with a black blazer and a white collared shirt underneath. She looked powerful, but not in the way that Grayson did.

She introduced herself as Alisa Ortega, I remembered that Ortega was one of the names Grayson mentioned when talking about the law firm. I also remembered her last name because when I had attended Country Day Grayson had told me that his eldest brother, Nash has engaged to a women with the last name of Ortega.

Alisa lead us over to a black car with the most amazing, comfortable seats. The ride to the house was smooth, not a single bump. Avery still didn't speak much but in her defence neither did I. There was to many things to look at, and that was before the house came into view.

I'd seen photos, but those could never compare to the real thing. Grayson had never invited me over so I had never actually seen the wonder that was Hawthorne House. The house was massive. It felt like the house was looming over us. I tried finding how many rooms were in the house but there wasn't an exact number.

...

Looking up at the massive entrance to the house made my head hurt. Everything about this house was amazing, I couldn't even imagine living at a place like this.

"Looks like Nash made it home." The women in the business attire, who I learned was called Alisa, said to no one in particular. Looking over to where her eyes were focused I realized that there was a motorcycle parked in the driveway.

"Nash?" Libby asked.

"The oldest Hawthorne grandson, there are 4 of them total. Take it from someone who's both been there and done that—never lose your heart to a Hawthorne." I knew then that this had been the Ortega that was engaged to Nash. Clearly things hadn't worked out.

"Don't worry I keep mine under lock and key." My youngest sister said. She wasn't wrong. She had never dated someone and if she had, she never felt the need to tell anyone.