Chapter 8

I nudged him a little while into the movie. Cam looked down and studied me before raising an eyebrow. "How do you think it's going?" I murmured.

He smiled, blue eyes twinkling at me in the dimmed light. "Oh, I'm certain that by the time you make the rounds of laps tonight, it's going to be going exactly the way we want it too."

I nodded slightly before shifting back into classic spider monkey hold... necessary for me to entertain watching horror movies. "Are you drawing straws or playing like 'rock, paper, scissors to see who's next?"

"Hadn't thought that far yet." He frowned. "May have to arm wrestle.

I chuckled before nuzzling my nose into his chest and waiting out the rest of the first half of the movie. I needed a quick bathroom break and he reluctantly let me go. They'd paused the movie while I was gone, despite my reassurance that they didn't need to do that. "Are we halfway?" I asked, having made a quick kitchen stop to exchange wine glass for water bottle.

"Yes, Love." Tony responded.

"And did ya'll decide where my next seat is?"

"Maybe." Sam grinned while the rest smiled.

I rolled my eyes at them. "You're making me choose?" I shook my head when smiles turned into smirks. "Okay then, going with date order then. Zack, Tony, Pete, Josh and Sam." I said, rattling off their order like I was ordering off the dollar menu at a fast food restaurant. I headed over, plopping down into Zack's lap. I inhaled as I shifted and sighed as the scent of his cologne surrounded me and the memory of dating him flashed in my mind. I leaned over and brushed my lips against his jaw before I snuggled in, as usual, assuming my classic position.

His arms slid around me and he hugged me. "Missed you." I heard him say as he kissed my forehead.

"Missed you too." I nodded against his chest, feeling it move with a quick bark of laughter from him.

I'd love to just tell you that I ignored the second half of the movie and just enjoyed the closeness but I'm pretty sure that I fell asleep, only waking to shift over to the next lap in order while they watched two more movies. It had been a long day and honestly, I hadn't slept well last night while I was stressed out of my mind with overthinking this weekend so I'm sure I slept through most of them, only stirring to move on to the next lap in line.

I woke up, just about the time that Sam was laying me down on Cam's bed. I reached up and ran my hand over the stubble that lined his jaw. "I'm sorry that I slept through my time on your lap." I apologized, a sleepy smile on my face.

He chuckled and ducked his head down to kiss me deeply. "I'm not. You were safe and comfortable and I was happy to simply have you in my arms again."

I nodded slightly before kissing him gently. "We've got to get this all figured out soon or I think we're all going to go a bit crazy."

"Agreed, Fifi." He tugged the end of my braid before tucking me into bed and backing away from the bed. "Sleep tight."

"Good night, Sam." I murmured, curling up in Cam's bed and pulling one of the pillows into my arms. I sighed softly as the door closed, I was somewhat considering getting up and brushing my teeth but dozed off again, waking up around 3 AM in Cam's arms. I pushed against him, panicked because my sleepy brain could only tell that I wasn't in my own bed.

"Shh..." He soothed, rubbing my back gently. "You're safe, Jess. Perfectly fine." He kissed my forehead as I settled and rested my head against his chest.

"Sorry I woke you."

"It's okay." He said, shifting so that I could roll over onto my back. He leaned over, turning his bedside lamp on. "I know you slept through most of the movies but are you okay?"