Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Worth A Try

Toby took his motorcycle out of the garage and drove down to the hill. He was expecting to see Spencer's car, but it wasn't there. He just assumed that she hadn't made it yet. He dismounted his bike and walked to the edge of the hill. The view of Rosewood look so beautiful at night from that view.

"Don't jump." Toby turned around to see Spencer walking towards him. He would have usually laughed at her joke, but wasn't in the mood.

"Where's your car?" Toby peered behind her to try to see it in the dark.

"I walked. I needed to clear my head." Spencer was now face to face with Toby."You came."

"I said I would. Now what did you want to talk about?" Toby asked and Spencer went and sat down on a log then patted the spot next to her for Toby to sit down.

"I wanted to talk about us. I've been wanting to talk about us for a while, but have been too afraid."

"Afraid of what? Me?"

"No, not you it's just that we've always been friends, but then you started to get feelings for me..." Spencer placed a hand on his check and caressed his jaw." And then I started to get feelings for you."

Toby grinned at her."So what are you saying?"

"Do you remember the time that Alex broke up with me and you kicked his ass?" Spencer asked and Toby laughed.

"Yeah, I remember. Why? What does that have to do with anything?"

"You've always protected me and you've always been there and I didn't have to ask you. You did it because you wanted to. You did it because-"

"I did it because I loved you. I still love you." Toby admitted and Spencer grinned at him.

"I know that you love me."

"Do you love me too?" Toby asked and Spencer smiled at him again.

"I don't know. I never been in love so I don't know if I think I'm in love or if I'm really in love. I can't really give you an answer."

"I don't know if I can accept that Spence. I don't know what you want from me." Toby stood up to leave, but Spencer got up and pulled on his arm." Spence, what are you-"

Spencer shushed him by planting her lips on to his. Toby immediately kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her waist. He felt her hands run through his hair and it caused him to groan. He gently bit down on her bottom lip making her moan into his mouth. He pulled her as close as they could possibly be. The kiss was slow and gentle, but filled with so much passion that it almost made their hearts stop. Things we getting out of hand, very quickly because of this one loving kiss. Spencer reluctantly broke away from Toby when they desperately needed air.

"I don't want you to give up on us. I want you to give us a try." Spencer said out of breath.

"Gives us a try? Does that mean?"

"I want you to you to ask me out on a date. And we'll see where we go from there."

"A-a date. You want me to take you on a date?" Toby asked surprised, but Spencer nodded her head. "What about Andrew?"

"I'm going to tell him that we need a little break. In that time I want to see where our relationship can go."

"So you're not breaking up with him?" Toby asked and Spencer shook her head."Spencer..."

"Toby you have to understand that Andrew loves me and I still have some feelings left for him. I'm don't want to hurt him or hurt either of you, but I have to be sure who I'm positively in love with." Spencer said and Toby still frowned so she pecked him on his lips to get him to stop.