at the dinner table

~

   It was a fairly quiet evening for the hall, but when 8:00 PM hit they all lost their shit. It was...dinner time. There wasn't any more wild time for them than dinner time. Tonight they decided who was gonna cook. It was Ross, he was making his famous jambalaya. They couldn't wait. Literally. 

   The four all sat at the dinner table, pounding their fists and shouting "JAMBALAYA! JAMBALAYA!" over and over again. As children would do when they all wanted food from their parental figure. Ross was trying his hardest to finish up making it, but it took time to make a good batch like they wanted.

   "Guys, wait for it! I cannot cook in the span of 10 minutes!" Ross cried as he cooked the jambalaya.

   "SHUT UP & COOK!!!!" Joe shouted back.

   A single tear rolled down Ross's cheek. He wiped it with his sleeve and continued cooking, but mostly got his tears into the jambalaya. It was his "secret ingredient" after all. 30 minutes later, he finished and placed the dish of jambalaya onto the table. The 4 all started getting themselves a portion, leaving a small portion for Ross to eat.

   The 4 ate the jambalaya as if they were starving, which they weren't. It was so different compared to Ross's slow chewing and carefully eating it. As they ate they eventually slowed down and let themselves taste the jambalaya.

   "Hm. It's really salty for some reason..." Rob said.

   "Yeah," Zubin replied.

   "Does it taste good?" Ross asked.

   "Sure." They both replied. At the same time.

   "Good. Then I did my job tonight of making you all something to eat."

   "K"

   Ross rolled his eyes. He hated it when the members responded with singular letters of the alphabet. It made them sound like they didn't care (which they probably didn't) and they only could speak with letters. As soon as he was finished, he ran up the stairs and went to bed to escape from them.

   "Weird. Anyways, how was your guises day?" Joe said.

~fin

 word count: 352 words

 I love writing random shit like this :)