Chapter 14

The enemy continued to slither around the room, silently challenging the two. Ghirahim looked to the ceiling, using his magic to crumble a fraction of it. A circle of light shone onto the floor, revealing the enemy. A giant serpent. The serpent's body was at least twelve feet long, and was covered in black and green scales that reflected the light. His golden eyes glimmering as he glared at Ghirahim. 'He must recognize Ghirahim. This could be bad. If word gets out about us, we're finished.' The demon lord gracefully stepped forward, accepting the challenge. He summoned a single jet-black rapier, and readied his battle stance. The serpent, fangs exposed, lunged at the sword spirit, who dodged the attack by teleporting behind the monster. Link noticed a black jewel embedded in the serpent's back. Grabbing the demon lord's attention, he gestured towards the jewel. Ghirahim nodded, leaping high into the air above the snake, and striking his weak spot as he fell close. The serpent let out a petrifying shriek that had Link clamping his hands over his ears. Ghirahim, unaffected by the cry of pain, struck the jewel a series of times, until it shattered. The shards flew across the room, as the serpent lay still, the life in it's eyes slowly fading. The monster's body darkened, and disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. The room brightened, revealing a large ornate door across from the two.

The next chamber was very grand. A large statue of the Triforce sat in the center of the room. Little water ways were built into the floor, around the statue, making it look almost like a fountain. Strings of ivy hung from the ancient walls and ceiling. Ghirahim approached the water. "This water is similar to the water in Skyview. It has the power to bless your weapon." Link stepped forward with his sword drawn, but stopped when Ghirahim shook his head. "It cannot be just any weapon, only one from the demon realm, I'm afraid." He bowed to his master, his hand on his chest as he did so. "I offer up myself." Within the next second, Ghirahim had transformed to his sword form. Link took the handle and gently sat the sword in the water. The blade slowly gave off a slight illuminance. Link watched with wonder as the hilt turned sky blue, and the blade turned pure white. Ghirahim emerged from the water in his human form, his hair and clothes wet. "Well, now that that's been completed. We shall make plans for the next shrine." he said as he grabbed Link, and teleported to a new place.