Wedding Party Proposals

After finally taking care of the problem with the medical station, it was nice to finally get back home for a break. Although, some were on a whole new mission: planning a wedding.

The wedding was in less than five months already. Most couples spent an entire year planning their wedding, but with all that was happening with the Clone War and the media, Anakin and Padme decided to have their wedding as soon as possible. There was a lot of stuff to take care of: flowers, outfits, catering, music, rings, and the guest list. But, right now, Anakin was ready to take care of one extra important part of the wedding: the wedding party.

One day, Gabby was laying on the floor in her room at her penthouse apartment, when Anakin came to her and said,

"Hey, Princess. Since Mommy and Carousella are out, what do you say to dinner at Dex's?"

"Yay!" Gabby said.

Dex's was one of Gabby's favorite places to eat. She didn't get to go very often, but the last time she remembered going, she loved all the drawing activities on her kid menu, and the little animal-shaped chicken nuggets.

"Let's go then. We're meeting Uncle Obi-Wan and Rex too."

"Even better." Gabby said. She was always happy to see her honorary uncles, no matter where they went.

Anakin and Gabby met with the guys at Dex's. Normally, the guys would've gone for drinks after a battle, but Anakin told them that Gabby was too little to accompany them to one of those places.

"Plus, I don't think she'd like the smell." Anakin said. "And it's really important she be with us tonight."

"Why is that?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'll tell you after we eat something." said Anakin.

And so, the group of four was gathered, and they all wondered what exactly Anakin had in mind.

Gabby started to play around with the little horse-shaped nuggets on her plate, making them run around and dance.

"Gabby, don't play with your food." Anakin said, and he was about to take a bite of his bantha burger, when Gabby stopped him and tied a napkin around his neck like a bib.

"So you don't ruin your robes again." Gabby said.

"Pfft. I'm not that messy." Anakin rolled his eyes. Except, when he did bit into his food, a bit of sauce on his did splatter. Luckily, the napkin protected his clothes.

"You might wanna be more careful, sir." Rex chuckled.

Gabby cleaned her father's face off.

"Shouldn't that be the other way around?" Obi-Wan said smiling.

"Mommy taught me not to make a mess with my food." Gabby shrugged.

"I can't help it." Anakin said. "Some foods just splatter no matter what I do."

After a while, Anakin had something to say to his friends and daughter.

"The real reason I asked all of you here tonight is because... I have an important question for all of you."

Anakin took out three small boxes. Two of them were flat and the third was a square box.

"Rex, you go first." Anakin said.

Rex opened his present, and inside he found a black bow tie.

"A bow tie..."

"Captain Rex, will you be a groomsman at my wedding?" Anakin asked.

Rex was surprised by the question.

"Really, sir? You're asking me?"

"You've stuck by my side in a lot of battles." smiled Anakin. "I could definitely use someone like you as one of my attendants."

Rex smiled and said, "It would be an honor to serve you at your big day, General Skywalker."

Gabby was shaking the box she held, trying to figure out what was inside.

Anakin chuckled and said, "Okay, Gabby. You can open yours next."

"Yay!" Gabby said.

Gabby went crazy and ripped the paper off and found a little blue pillow inside with frills on the edges.

"What a pretty pillow." Gabby smiled. "Thanks, Daddy. It'll look great on my bed."

But Anakin laughed and said, "It's not for sleeping. It's for carrying the wedding rings."

Gabby froze.

"How would you like to be the ring bearer, Princess?" Anakin smiled.

"Isn't that a boy's job?" Gabby asked.

"Traditionally, yes. But you know I'm not a big stickler for rules like that."

"We all knew that." said Obi-Wan.

"Anyway. It's one of the most important jobs in the wedding. What do you say, Gabby?"

"Yes!" Gabby said. And she hugged Anakin and gave him a big kiss on his cheek.

"Okay, Master." Anakin chuckled. "We saved the best for last."

Obi-Wan opened his gift, and inside he found... a dark blue necktie.

"Wait... Anakin, are you saying...?"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, will you be my best man?" Anakin asked.

"Of course, Anakin." Obi-Wan said, and he hugged his best friend. "It will be an honor to be your best man. Your wedding will be an important day, and I will do everything in my power to make sure it will be the best day of your life."

"And I'll be a great ring bearer." Gabby said. "I'll start practicing right now."

Gabby held the pillow and walked around, humming the wedding march, which made the guys laugh, finding it adorable.

Anakin had his attendants selected, but Padme was still undecided on who her maid of honor would be.