Senate Spy & Parents Fight

Almost a month had gone by since the events with the Zillo Beast. But that was just one more battle to face before another. Now there was another matter to face.

The Jedi Council suspected that Scipio Senator Rush Clovis was secretly conspiring with the Separatists, but they needed a spy of their own to figure out what he was up to.

Meanwhile, Senator Amidala, or rather Senator Skywalker, was looking over the balcony at the city.

Her husband had been away for a while. leading the Clone Army, and during that time she only had their daughter Gabriella and their horse Carousella to keep her company. But tonight, she was in for a wonderful surprise.

"Master Ani," greeted C3-PO happily. "What a delight to see you. I shall tell Mistress..."

"Anakin!" Padme gasped. And she started to leave the balcony to greet the love of her life. "That will be all, Threepio."

"Are you sure, my lady?" Threepio said.

"Yes, Threepio. Now go."

"Oh! Very well."

And the protocol droid left, leaving the couple with a moment alone.

Anakin hugged his wife and spun her around before showing her a circular container he held.

"I brought dinner," said Anakin.

"How did you manage this?" Padme asked.

"I had to hitch a ride on a cargo freighter."

"What happened to your military transport?"

"Eh... it blew up."

Typical of Anakin to have a ship blow up. Gabby wouldn't even let Anakin touch her toy starship; she was afraid he might break it.

"Anyway, the freighter captain was bringing a shipment to a restaurant here, and he gave me something to bring home," said Anakin, giving his wife a kiss. "Speaking of home, since when did it get so quiet around here?"

And it was true. It was too quiet. He didn't hear any signs of a horse or a little girl in the house. Until he felt something gripping his leg, and Anakin looked down to see his daughter.

"Daddy, you're home!" Gabby exclaimed.

"There you are." Anakin smiled.

Then he heard a soft whinny as Carousella started to sniff the container Anakin held, and he pulled it away.

"Carousella! That's for all of us." Anakin said.

"I was just smelling it," said the musicorn with a snort.

"The Naboo Ambassador gave me something," said Padme. "I think I still have it here somewhere."

"Oh, must be something good." Anakin said.

"Yes, it'll be perfect. Five blossom bread, my specialty."

Anakin chuckled. "You have a specialty?"

"I know how to make lots of things." Padme defended with a smile. "When I was little, I cooked every day. I've been saving it for a special occasion."

"And someone had to make sure it stayed safe from someone who isn't a horse." Carousella said, motioning to Gabby with her eyes.

Gabby giggled and turned light pink with embarrassment. Carousella wasn't the only one in the house who liked snacks.

"An evening with you?" Anakin said. "I can't think of an occasion more special."