The Mandalore Plot

Diplomacy or deception?

The Council of Neutral Systems speaks for over 1500 worlds who want to stay out of the war. But rumors have reached the Republic Senate, suggesting that the council's new leader, Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, is secretly building her own army to fight for the Separatist cause. Now Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has been sent to Mandalore to hunt for the truth behind these claims.

"The Duchess awaits you, General Kenobi." said a royal guard.

Obi-Wan stepped onto the platform and said, "Far be it from me to keep the Duchess waiting."

And Obi-Wan was escorted to the royal palace and arrived in the beautiful throne room.'

"General Kenobi," greeted an older man, the prime minister of Mandalore.

"Thank you for meeting with me, Prime minister Almec." said Obi-Wan, shaking hands with the prime minister.

"I welcome you as a servant of the people." said Almec. "but I am troubled by the false rumors that brought you here."

Almec walked towards the throne as he explained to Obi-Wan that Mandalore would never turn against the Republic.

"The Duchess Satine values peace more than her own life."

"Oh, I'm aware of the Duchess' views." Obi-Wan said.

"Master Kenobi, Mandalore's violent past is behind us. All of our warriors were exiled to our moon, Concordia. They died out years ago."

But Obi-Wan wasn't so sure about that.

"Hmm. Are you certain?" the Jedi asked. "I recently encountered a man who wore Mandalorian armor, Jango Fett."

"Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter." said Almec. "how he acquired that armor is beyond me."

"Well, Master Kenobi," said a female voice.

The two men looked to see a beautiful blonde woman dressed in blue enter the room.

"My shining Jedi Knight to the rescue once again." greeted the woman, who was none other than the duchess herself.

The duchess took her place seated in her throne. Obi-Wan couldn't help feeling flustered by the beauty of the duchess.

"After all these years, you're even more beautiful than ever." said Obi-Wan.

"Kind words from a man who accuses me of treachery." said the duchess.

"I would never accuse you of personal wrongdoing, Duchess. However, a Separatist saboteur attacked one of our Republic cruisers, a Mandalorian saboteur."

Obi-Wan walked a little closer to the duchess and held up a hologram of said Mandalorian saboteur. The duchess and the prime minister both seemed surprised by the revelation.

"You must be mistaken." said Prime Minister Almec. "No Mandalorian would engage in such violence. Not anymore. Where is the prisoner now?"

"He took his own life rather than submit to questioning." Obi-Wan answered. "I know these commandos fought in many wars, often against the Jedi."

"Every one of my people is as trustworthy as I am." said Satine.

"I know we sound defensive," said Senator Tal Merrik. "but-"

"Clearly your investigation was ordered because the Senate is eager to intervene in our affairs."

"My investigation was ordered by the Jedi Council." said Obi-Wan.