Hero

The minute I stepped into the portal, my heart began to pound in ever increasing jubilation. Splatterings of color, so clouded yet clear. It was as if all of creation raced around me. Every noise I had ever heard played all at once, each voice on loop inside my head. All sensations amplified ten-fold, all in an effort to erase what had come to defy the laws of the universe.

Erase me? How laughable.

It was over as soon as it began. The tens of millions of colors shone brighter than ever, before fading away. The noises became a cacophony of entropy, before being silenced by the will of god.

And now I was here.

The first thing I noticed was the Moon. The ever booming light bounced beautifully off of my skin, making me light up in holy might. The silver orb above, a contrast to what I had grown accustomed to. White light seemed different then the usual crimson rays, not just in appearance, But feel. They felt...off.

Incomplete.

The smells of smoke assaulted my sagely senses, my divine form causing it to coil around me in longing. Memories of imperfection flashed into my mind, of a world before god had lifted man into paradise.

As was soon to happen here.

My omniscient eyes took in my surroundings, a decimated city filled with flames and blood. Buildings lay crumbled in the streets beneath me, carnage from the sinful humans which built them.

I cast my eyes downward, glancing down at the people who were below me. They seemed bloodied and bruised, no doubt the efforts of a great battle waged in this world. I wonder if when they fought, mountains crumbled, if valleys opened, if islands sunk, if nations perished?

What did they fight for?

The two strongest among them stared at me in confusion and caution, two men on their last legs. My sensory abilities told me that they were the strongest that this world had to offer, to which I stifled a chuckle.

Ants to a god.

"Who are you?!" One man roared into the night sky, burning blue eyes narrow at me with intensity. His form was broken, blood smearing each limb. His clothes were in tatters, blue and red spandex that covered his muscular frame. His long, golden locks pointed upwards, a pitiful attempt to pierce the heavens.

Fool, that is my domain.

I didn't respond, instead floating down to the earth, abandoning my home of the sky above. All present stared, unable to look away from my alabaster form, the aura of the divine oozing from my soul. All seeing eyes gazed beyond the physical, peering into the conceptual existence in front of me. My ivory robes fluttered in the wind, my six paths power weaved into the silk.

They could see a mish-mash of color, swirling around in a cheap imitation of the divine. Like blinding stars, yet only burning with the embers of an old candle flame. But I knew there was more, portions of soul, each humming with the efforts of men long dead. With a breath, their forms were laid over top of the tower of a man.

Men and women of all shapes and sizes, seven shadows, seven faces. From fiery determination to silent apathy, they all stared at me in awe. Awe at the heavenly being before them.

Yet one stood out from the rest, a woman in navy blue, golden gloves adorning each fist. Her grayed eyes gazed at me, stare withered and decrepit. Her face was unreadable, but her soul said it all.

Helper

Fighter

Protector

But each guess felt hollow, like it was missing the ethereal key to the secrets of this one woman.