Epilogue

John had been worried sick about his sons ever since he woke up and found the note in their room. Going off into the ocean, what were they thinking? He wanted to go look for them but his doctor refused to allow him to go anywhere. So John was stuck in a waiting room while he waited for his test results, it had been hours and he just wanted to leave.

"Is this over?" John asked. The receptionist told him to be patient and he sighed maybe he could fake knowing what his results were.

"Oh by the way there are people outside looking for you." John perked up and as he turned toward the door, he spotted his sons and shockingly even Mary was walking in. He didn't know what more to think, his entire family was there and he wondered if it was all a dream but even though he pinched himself, it was real.

"Mary? Sam? Dean?" John said and stood. "You guys are okay."

"Yeah we saved the day." Sam and Dean answered at the same time, the brothers both gave him a quick hug before letting him talk with Mary. Despite being in public she kissed him passionately and asked when they were getting married.

"Mr. Winchester?" the doctor said as John and the rest of his family looked over at the doctor he was carrying a manila folder and John wondered if they were his results. "So our test results came back, and I don't even know how to explain it," he said. "Everything looks good, it's almost like the cancer just ultimately vanished. You should consider yourself lucky."

"I don't believe in luck," John responded, taking Mary's hand. "But I do believe in family."