»Cale and his kids »

TW: Death / Gore / Derealisation

crossposted on twt <3

___

Here stands the former commander of the Roan Empire in his villa's garden looking over three children averaging in (x) years. The smiles on their faces never fading as they run and play. The joyous screams filled the air shortly followed by soft giggling. The crimson man watched the scene, his lips forming a small smile, his cherrywoods eyes softening at the corners.

"Dad! Come join us, lemonade gramps said exercise is important to stay healthy."

The black dragon called out. Moving away from his brother and sister in favor of his father. But he quickly continued on "Come on! We don't have all day old man!" The soft smile on the redhead's lip fades. Standing up and quietly shaking his head at the child's antics but went

along with it to amuse the children.

"Ya! Who are you calling an old man!" The children start to giggle again hearing this from their father. While Cale was not old by any means that still doesn't mean he's safe from the children's comments. As the white star has been gone for 16 years and no other conflicts have arisen since then. Cale is finally able to live his slacker life that he always dreamed of. Even if he has a couple of gray hairs from all the stress he built up worrying about something coming and ripping it all away.

Cale makes his way over to the kids. Resting his hand on Raon's head he patted it gently. Moving his other arm open for the other two kids to run in for a hug. While the kids are still the same height as they were 16 years ago. Cale didn't question it, chalking it up to some sort

Side effects for being mutant beast kin and well Raon's a dragon... They take time to grow,alot of time... it seemed.

"Now what game do you want to play?" The crimson haired man spoke ever so softly. Even if times have changed and he grows old he is still a sucker for his kids.

"Let's play hide and seek nya~" Ohn spoke up for the first time that evening. Which is pretty normal for her and she's only been quiet as of late. Acting just like her father; couping herself up in the library and reading. "Yes, Yes I like noona's idea!" Hong joined in.

Cale looked at the children shaking his head softly. "Aigooo... Really going to make this old man of your work. I guess it can't be help. Are you ready?" the children started to giggle again at their fathers in antics they know he's just being dramatic.

As a family was one they all nodded and began to run away.

"Ok, I gonna star now."

1...

2...

___

100...

"Okay, ready or not here I come"

The Crimson man began to move around the villa. Looking at all the spots he knows his children that the hide in. He looked in the kitchen, his room, their rooms... Ok this weird he can't find them... Well no need to worry he's only 45 minutes into the search...

But as time moved on he still hadn't seen a sight of any of them. Panic it begins to well up in his chest. His heart racing ever-so-slightly questions flows through his mind. The questions started nice at first.

'are they cheating by using invisibility again'

But then the question starts taking a darker turn.

'did someone take them'

'are they okay by themselves'

These questions racing through his mind he starts to run through doors. Running past servants, another worker is in the villa. A panic expression strung clear across his face. But then he runs into a dark haired swordsman.

"Cale-nim, are you ok!?! What's wrong??" panic and worry strung into Choi Han's words as he looked over Cale. His face red, his hair a mess, and his clothes in disarray.

"Choi Han! Thank you for being here... The kids there missing have you seen them?" Panic lacing his words as he frantically continues to look.

"Cale-nim?" Choi Hans face sinks turning into a dark and somber expression.

"So you do know where they are okay, can you leave me to them." Cale's pale hands grasping at the swordsman's front.

"Cale-nim." the dark-haired man tried to speak with Cale cut him off again.

"Please tell me where they are. I'm really worried I've been looking for them for Hours." the redhead's eyes shook ever so violently as if he was about to break down then and there.

The onyx eyes stared into the golden red void and spoke ever so softly.

"Cale-nim... They've gone."

The Crimson man scoffs at this "Gone what do you mean they're gone??? Now they must be here! We were just playing hide and seek. I mean in a sense they could be gone because they're hiding but they should be here. Now tell me where they are..."

"Cale-nim... They've been dead for 16 years... I'm sorry. But you must move on."

The Crimson man's eyes shook. His body started to tremble as fear overtook him. They can't be gone. I was with them in the garden. I felt them in my arms and my hands... What kind of sick illusion is this...