Chapter 1: The missing gummy worms

It was a bright and sunny day in St Louis Missouri. Jamie Salvatori had just parked his Tesla at his company Vat19. He got out of the car and walked toward the building. He was about to open the door when Eric ran outside, yelling frantically at him.

"The gummy worms are gone!" Eric shouted while waving his arms in the air.

Jamie raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Come see!" Eric grabbed Jamie's arm and tugged him into the warehouse. Jamie's eyes widened as he saw the scene laid out before him.

The warehouse had been torn up like a tornado had blown through it. The shelves were fallen over, gummy and toys scatered all over the floor. There were gummy bears everywhere. But not a gummy worm in sight.

"Where are all the world's largest gummy worms?!" Jamie shouted, turning to Eric.

"That's the thing boss," Eric said. "They're all missing."

Jamie gasped and ran to the shelves where the gummy worms should have been. Sure enough, they were all missing. Every single gummy worm had been stolen from the shelves. Not a trace of them remained. Out of the corner of his eyes, Jamie spotted a note taped to the back of the shelf.

He picked it up and read it. It said: "Dear Jamie Salvatori. If you want your gummy worms returned to you safely, you will have to solve my puzzles and find them before it is too late."

"Well Eric," said Jamie. "Looks like we have a mystery on our hands."

Jamie walked down the hallway to all the offices. Dylan, Sandon, and Braydon were filming a video with Kyle. He was filming break it to make it. When Jamie walked in, Kyle jumped on top of the table and crashed to the ground when it snapped in half.

"Kyle, did you steal the gummy worms!" Jamie shouted. Kyle jumped back up and dusted off the floof from the stress ball that exploded everywhere.

"No, it wasn't me," said Kyle. "But I did find this weird note on my desk."

He handed the note to Jamie. Jamie read it. It said:

"Congratulations, you found the first clue. But you won't win if it's just you. You should get some outside help. And start by looking at the shelf."

Jamie sat down at his desk and ran his hand through his hair. Outside help?! He wasn't going to listen to the crazy maniac...was he?

After a moment, he turned on his computer and Googled "best detectives in St Louis." One phone number came up so he called it.

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello?" I answered.

TO BE CONTINUED...