02: The Countdown

This is my official entry to Wattpad AmbassadorsPH "Write-A-Thon Challenge" for the month of September with the theme: When September Ends

Word Count: 790

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Do you believe in the prophecy?

Some say that the world is bound to end.

That there will be a massive destruction waiting to happen.

According to the Mayans, they believed in the year 2012, the world will be wiped out.

Maraming tao ang nabahala at nagpanic. They waited for it until 2012 came but nothing happened.

On the following year, marami din lumabas na iba pang prophecy tungkol sa katapusan ng mundo. Pero hindi naman natuloy.

Some of them believed but some chose to ignore it.

Nasanay na rin ang mga iba tungkol sa mga balitang sa tingin nila ay wala namang kabuluhan.

Not until today. Mayroon isang anonymous post na kumakalat sa social media na may napanaginipan siyang isang prophecy na at exactly 12:00 mn of September 30. Ito na ang katapusan ng mundo.

Magsisimula ito sa September one and every week, there will be a disaster like earthquake, hailstorm, super typhoon, tornado and many more.

Kagaya ng inaasahan, hindi naniniwala ang mamamayan. Ang iba pa ay ginagawang katatawanan ito sa social media habang ang iba ay dedma lang.

Hanggang sa sumapit ang unang araw ng Setyembre. Inabangan ng maraming tao ang araw na ito. Hanggang natapos ang araw ay muli tinawanan at ininsulto ng ibang tao ang nasabing prophecy.

Ngunit hindi nila alam na unting-unting nagsisimula na ipatikim sa mundo ang nakatakdang mangyayari.

Lumipas ang ilang araw ay naranasan na sa iba't ibang parte ng mundo ang bagsik ng nasabing prophecy.

Maraming namatay, nasira at nasalanta.

Dahil doon, naniniwala na sila na totoo nga ang prophecy.

Nabahala na sila at hindi na nila alam kung anong gagawin.

Nag isip at gumawa na rin sila ng paraan kung paano sila makakaligtas sa hinaharap nila, pero nabigo lang sila.

Napagtanto nila at unti-unting na tinatanggap ang kanilang kapalaran.

People became aggressive and went wild. Everywhere you will see destruction. They decided to spend their time in chaos until the end of september. Living like there is literally no more tomorrow.

All people except Abigail.

Abigail is different from others. Instead of wasting her time on such things and going wild. She decided to spend her last days doing something unusual.

Before September ends, she decided and begin to plan out on how she gets to spend her day. She created a bucket list to all the places that she wanted to visit one last time. She wrote down three places to spend her time there. The places that are very special to her heart. She only has twenty-four hours to complete her bucket list before the world ends.

...

Abigail did not waste her time. She left at dawn to start to complete her bucket list.

The first in her bucket list was to visit her favorite beach. The moment she set foot on the beach. Abigail felt at peace. The sun is about to rise. She inhaled the fresh scent of the sea. Binaon niya ang kanyang mga paa sa buhangin. Masaya siyang naglalaro sa dalampasigan, hinahabol ang alon kagaya ng ginagawa niya dati nung bata pa siya. After a while, she finally sat down at the beach, took her time to mesmerize the wonders of the beach. Closing her eyes, savoring the moment. At the back of her mind, she'll miss this.

...

The second entry of her bucket list is to visit her favorite campsite. The campsite is very special to her because she used to spend her summer there in her teens. She's very fond of nature. She loves the color of nature and it calms her. She spent the rest of the afternoon exploring her safe haven for the last time.

...

Down to the last entry on her bucket list is home. She wanted to spend the last moment of her life with her family. Abigail is very close to her family. She grew up saying that family always comes first no matter what. Movie marathons are their family bonding. They are able to share their laughter and sad moments in the movie. Mahilig din ang pamilya maghanda ng masasarap na pagkain. Like they say, Food is life. They sat together and enjoyed their dinner for the last time.

Up to the last moment, she hugged her family and said "I love you".

As the end is nearing, Abigail realized that...

Life is like the countdown. Every remaining second counts. Mare-realize nalang natin na mahalaga ang bawat oras at bawat pagkakataon kapag huli na ang lahat.

That's why if there is a chance, appreciate it habang nandyan pa. Kahit maliit o malaking bagay man 'yun. Grab it while you still can because you get to live only once.

At exactly 12:00 midnight of September 30, the world perished as September ended.

Wakas