A late night at the Bar with Diluc ~Fluff~

College AU!

You and your friend, Bennet were running for the same major in college, though you had a bit of an advantage because you knew a bit of the class. If it weren't for you having to do late-night shifts at the bar, you would pass the class with flying colors. who was the person having you do late-night shifts? your boss Diluc was going to the same college as you and running for a business major and of course, you knew he was good at what he did cause well He was your boss and extremely attractive so you couldn't argue against him while still bringing in customers.

~~~~𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝓅~~~~

You came home after closing up the bar and laid on your bed.

"Well looks like someone had a rough day" Bennet spoke.

"Don't remind me, Bennet. I still need to study for that stupid text tomorrow" you responded.

"Well about that..the power cut out in class today and they don't know when it'll return." Bennet nervously laughed

You looked over at Bennet with a blank stare. You've been studying for this test since the teacher first mentioned it. With your work schedule and class schedule the only time you get to study is after closing the bar. 

you know what screw it I'll study when I get a break off work. You thought to yourself

"Also try and get some rest for a bit. I heard on the news that there's going to be a thunderstorm for a few days with a potential flood so the college staff is taking precautions." Bennet Explained.

"Great..I'll try.." You responded.

~~~~𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝓅~~~~

It was the next day. You were at the bar again working a long shift. unfortunately, you couldn't sleep due to the thunderstorm starting in the middle of the night. You served customers with a smile though you would rather be someone severing you.

"Y/n may I speak to you for a minute please?" Diluc asked.

"Yes, Boss." You responded setting the class you were cleaning.

You and Diluc went to his office, both of you sitting down.

"So Y/n I've noticed that you've been falling behind with your schedule. I know you're in college but if school is packing up your schedule I won't mind if you take a few days off." Diluc explained.

You were a bit surprised by his response. Mostly because of what he explained was true. The school was taking up a lot of time with studying and with the lack of sleep it was getting harder and harder to focus in class.

"I'm alright Boss. Thank you for the concern but I've got this." You responded with a soft smile.

"That's great to hear but I think you should take a break. I can see the bags under your eyes, I don't want the customers to start getting concerned either." Diluc Repiled.

You blushed a bit out of embarrassment. Usually your good at keeping your bags hidden though lack of sleep made it worse.

"O-Oh. I'm sorry Boss." You responded looking down a bit.

Before Diluc could speak a bolt of loud lightning, the strike was heard outside the bar. You jumped quickly covering your ears and hiding. You never liked Thunderstorms, for the thought of what would happen.

"Wow, that storm picked up quickly. Why don't you-" Diluc stopped as he looked over at you as you were hiding. He got up walking over to you, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Hey? Y/n? You alive under there?" Diluc asked.

You refused to come out of hiding. The lightning only made you scared and wanting to hide. More over it wasn't the lightning but the loud noise it made and also being so close to you. Before you could overthink Diluc had embraced you in a hug.

"Why don't you stay here for tonight." Diluc spoke.

You were too shocked to speak and responded with a simple nod. Diluc has never been like this it was almost like he's a whole different person, you weren't complaining though; it helped you calm down from the storm. 

after a few hours the storm was still going on with Diluc asleep. You tried your best to sleep though the storm wouldn't calm down so could could sleep. you decided to accept it and just not sleep.

~~~~𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒩𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓎~~~~

You had left the bar and went to class with Bennet. 

"Where were you last night?! I was worried!" Bennet spoke.

"Easy Easy Bennet! I was at the bar. Diluc comforted me and insisted I stay." You responded chuckling a bit

"Oooo~ Y/n don't tell me I think what I think your doing?" Bennet asked

"What?" You asked confused.

"You like your Boss!!" Bennet spoke smiling.

"WHAT?! BENNET NO!!" You shouted blushing.

Bennet laughed continuing to tease you till the point that you started chasing him down the halls.

||~A/N: SOO SORRY FOR THE LATE LATE UPDATE FIRST TIME DOING THIS HAHA HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS I TOOK A LOT OF TIME THINKING IT THROUGH.~||