confessions and crying

It's a little hard to have a discussion with a whiteboard.

Eddie found that out the easy way.

"I did what you told me not to do, obviously, and so, I went up to the graveyard to the north, y'know?"

Eddie did know. He didn't want to remember. Flowers along flowers at Chrissy's grave. He didn't visit again. It felt.. disrespectful. He nodded.

"Okay, well, I went there.. to your 'grave', if you could even call it that.. and I did it all. Every step. It didn't hurt much." Steve tried to excuse his actions.

Eddie wanted to be angry, but he couldn't. They were both broken, and if somebody is broken you have to help them, not yell at them. 

"I.. Steve. You, the king of Hawkins High, sacrificed yourself for the freak. A freak! That's what I am! And you gave your life away for mine? I'm not worth that much!" Eddie said loudly. He didn't want to yell. If he yelled, Steve would be mad. And sad. At Eddie. Then he couldn't save him. Then.. then..

"You are definitely worth it. Please don't say that. And I'm so, so sorry." Steve replied.

Eddie teared up. He should never have told Steve. It was his own fault; he should've known! It was so obvious.. he was so, so stupid! He wanted Steve to just tell him already; he was stupid and always will be, and he can't believe he let Steve do that. Because it was the truth. Stupid. Stupid.. stupid.

The lamp flickered. He sat up quickly.

"I thought you were passing out." The whiteboard wrote.

Eddie tried to smile gratefully, but he didn't think it came out right. "Thanks."

The whiteboard attempted to draw a thumbs up, but it ending up looking like a dog. Eddie covered his mouth to try and disguise the giggle, but it wasn't very secretive.

He got up and the whiteboard questioned him.

"Where are you going?"

"To the cemetery." Eddie replied calmly before opening the door to leave without looking back.

"Why did you make me write that?" Steve asked, crying.

"He can come join you. You love him, don't you? I'm making you happy."

"No- y-you're not! You're killing him! Stop!" Steve screamed.

"That's where he belongs. Here. And you can have him all to yourself. It's not.. killing him. It's his own idiotic self for being as gullible as he is. I was giving him hints. Cemetery? Those are where everybody gets killed. Ha. Dumbass."

"You're evil.. just.. stop controlling me!" Steve yelled out. "I don't want to hurt him! Please." He sobbed quietly.

They snorted and walked away from the crying mess. "Shut up! He'll be here eventually."