Amped Up

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE PLOT OF POKEMON MASTERS!

Pokemon Masters EX is literally my favorite mobile game. So, I figured I might as well rewrite the story in a way that isn't cringey and all about "the power of teamwork!".

Every sync pair shown will have an appropriate sync grid for the battle, and will have the moves in their kit along with their trainer move. Trainer moves will be shown in bold.

The MCs are Bettie and Scottie, their canon names. I made them twins. Bettie will be the protagonist.

Also there may be some shipping involved, but I'll try to keep it at a minimum.

Enjoy! :)

"Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" The mouse Pokemon screamed ferociously and aimed an electric shock at the other Pikachu on the battle field. Bettie thought carefully about her next move. He's going to hit back pretty hard. But because he's at low HP, he won't use Volt Tackle because of the recoil damage. And I've stalled him out of his Thunderbolts, so he's only got Thundershocks and Electrowebs. She smiled. The battle was over. The boy on the other side of the field grimaced as his Pikachu staggard backwards and nearly fell over after taking the blow.

"Pikachu, use Electroweb!" yelled Scottie. His Pikachu leapt up, created a web out of pure electricity, and launched it. Bettie's Pikachu couldn't get out of the way fast enough. She thought for a moment. Electroweb lowered my speed. I need priority. He's almost down!

"Your opponent's almost finished! Use Quick Attack!" With a final, devasting critical hit, her Pikachu won the battle.

"You've been getting better," said the boy admitted grudgingly.

"Ha! We're even now!" Scottie was her twin brother. The two looked alike, thought alike, and even had similar battle styles. Bettie smiled. "I bet we could challenge the gym soon!"

"We'll probably need more Pokemon than just our starter Pikachus," he replied.

"You're right. Let's go into the forest. We're stronger than we were last time we went in there, and there ought to be loads of Pokemon out there!" Scottie nodded.

"Let's go down to the Pokemart and buy some more Pokeballs. We're both awful at throwing them, so we're probably gonna end up wasting a lot. I seriously don't get why Pokeballs don't work if you miss your target or the Pokemon breaks out! It's almost like the Pokemarts WANT you to buy a ton." The two began to make their way to the Pokemart. Bettie scooped up her bag and tossed it on her shoulder.

"You ready to go, Sc-SCOTTIE?" Her mouth fell open.

Behind him was a ring of purple light.

She pointed at it, a look of fearful curiosity on her face. Scottie turned around slowly, a look of pure terror leaking onto his face as he turned. Then, in a heartbeat, the ring of light swallowed both of them whole.

_________________________________________________________

Bettie grabbed Scottie's hand as the ring consumed them both. A strange sensation overcame the twins. They felt the gut snatching sensation of free fall. Suddenly, the sensation past, and the two of them felt solid ground materialized below their feet. The strange feeling had only lasted a second. Her bag was next to her, still intact. She glanced at Scottie.

"What the hell just happened?" she asked, more curious than scared.

"I dunno sis. I did not just expect a large ring to swallow us and spit us out here."

"That ring... do you think it was a portal?"

"Maybe. I mean, I've heard of Ultra Wormholes. But this place definitely doesn't look like Ultra Space. Let's ask around. Excuse me! Ma'am!" Scottie ran up to a woman with black and white hair that puffed up like cat ears. She wore a crisp lab coat, and she was speaking to a man with a Bulbasaur in Kalosian. A young man with a Pidgeot stood with them. She turned around.

"Can I help you?" Her voice was heavily accented.

"Yes! My sister and I were just swallowed up by some ring of light and spat up here! Where are we?" Her face lit up.

"You two must've just arrived here! My name is Professor Bellis. Welcome to Pasio!" Pasio? Where's that?

"I'm sorry ma'am, but you must've mistaken us for someone else," replied Bettie. The man who had just been talking to Professor Bellis strolled towards them. He smiled.

"I'm sorry for my colleague's hastiness. She's simply excited at the prospect of working with more sync pairs. Pleasure to meet you..."

"Scottie and Bettie," replied Scottie. The man shook both of their hands.

"Pleasure to meet you, Scottie and Bettie."

"Ever the gentleman, as always, Augustine," laughed Bellis. Augustine... Sycamore?

"Are you Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region?" The man looked slightly embarrassed.

"That's me alright!" Bettie was quite surprised at this. Professor Sycamore was a famous professor at the forefront of the study of Mega Evolution. A few months ago, the professor had disappeared, leaving behind his assistants, Dexio and Sina. In fact, famous trainers and professors from all over the world have been disappearing as of late. So this must be where all those famous trainers are going. Pasio. She was amazed. "You talk like you have no Kalosian accent!" He chuckled.

"I've been working on it," he replied.

"Hey, no love for me?" asked the young man with the Pidgeot. He had spiky light brown hair and mischievous eyes.

"Aren't you the former champion of Kanto? The one before Red? Blue, right? " asked Scottie.

"I'd rather not talk about my 'former champion' status. But yeah, that's me. I can take the two of you around, show you the ropes."

"Why don't the two of you meet me in my lab? I can get both of you sync stones, and Blue can teach you about battling here. I think you'll find it quite different than what you're used to," suggested Bellis.

"Sounds alright with me. Scottie?"

"Hell yes! Let's battle right after!"

"You got it!"