Boba's New Family Part 3: Pick a Pony

Boba looked all around at all the musicorns that were playing out in the fields, making music, dancing, singing songs, and just having fun.

"So, in order to find the best musicorn for you, Boba." Remix began. "Let's start with a few questions. Like writing the perfect song, picking the right horse will require a precise set of ingredients."

"Like what?" Boba asked.

"Well, music is made up of all different things," said Carousella. "Like a beautiful song, finding a true friend is harmonious, but only if it's made properly."

"Every song is made with notes of different kinds," said Remix. "All of them play at different pitch, tempo, dynamic, even the lyrics, if any, are unique. In other words, like a family or group of real friends, it takes all kinds to make a song that's pleasing to the ears."

"So, how am I gonna figure out which of these musicorns is mine?" Boba asked.

"Well, since your horse is somewhere in Musicorn Meadow, let's start with questions about music." Remix said. "What's your favorite kind of music, Boba?"

Boba thought and said, "I don't know."

"Oh, indecisive, huh? I totally get that."

"No, I mean that I've never really listened to music before."

The Marehearts, Gabby, and many musicorns nearby all gasped in shock. Remix fainted.

"What do you mean you haven't listened to music?" Carousella asked.

Boba shrugged and said, "The other clones had to be pretty much free of individuality, and since I was raised to be a bounty hunter, I was taught to avoid anything that would be a distraction, including music."

"Didn't your dad like you?" Crescent asked.

"Crescent!" Carousella and Gabby scolded.

"It's okay, guys." Boba said. "The point is, I never really heard music before I met you guys."

Remix shook himself awake and got back up.

"Okay, we gotta get some music into this kid's ears pronto!" Remix said. "Come on. We're gonna introduce you to all the best musicorns of every genre there is here."

Remix guided them to a place where there was orchestral music playing, and lots of musicorns making classical music from their horns, or making instruments play by conducting. There were musicorns who played percussion instruments, brass, woodwinds, strings, and beautiful concertos and symphonies.

The group came approached a golden yellow musicorn with a gold and silver mane, who was conducting an orchestra of musical instruments to play beautiful music. Her name was Harmony.

Harmony was just finishing a song, and the approaching group applauded her music.

"That was so beautiful," said Gabby, clapping.

"Thank you," said Harmony, bowing.

Remix introduced his friends to Harmony and explained to her that they were looking for the right horse for Boba, but he first needed a taste of music.

"Well, you've come to the right place to start." Harmony said. "Classical music is one of the oldest genres of music there is."

Boba looked curiously at all the different instruments, and Harmony showed him all the different kinds. Strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion.

"I like this one." Gabby said, plucking some strings on a harp. It made a beautiful sound.

"Good choice, Gabby." Harmony smiled. "The harp is one of the most beautiful sounding string instruments in the business."