Corruption

A couple weeks went by since Remix came home, and Boba had grown used to his new home with the Skywalkers. He even got around to decorating his room, and his mother took him and Gabby shopping to spruce up his wardrobe, and they got a couple new outfits for Gabby too.

Boba started to grow more and more used to being around Jedi too. Gabby even began introducing him to some of her older friends. But, being the child of a famous engaged couple, Boba was overwhelmed by the paparazzi, and when he heard that there were going to be a lot of important people at the wedding, he became worried. So, Gabby got right to teaching him everything she could about acting like a prince. Since she was a princess, it only made sense.

"Remind me why I have to balance a book on my head again?" Boba asked as he walked through the hall of the penthouse, carrying the ring pillow in his hands and balancing a book on his head.

"As the ring bearer, you have to stand up straight and walk down the aisle with grace and poise." Gabby said. "Even when you're not carrying the pillow, you mustn't slouch. Princes have good posture and good manners. It's really tricky to remember at first. Not even Peppermint could sugarcoat that. But you'll learn."

But, even though plans for what the galaxy was calling the Jedi Royal Wedding, seeing as Padme was once queen of Naboo, and Anakin was the first Jedi in the Order who would be getting married since the Code was changed, there were still a lot of problems going on in other worlds, including peaceful planets such as Mandalore.

Having won neutrality for her people, Duchess Satine (who was also one of Padme's bridesmaids) now finds herself an outsider with little aid to her people. Supplies are impossible to come by, except on the black market, which has let Satine to face a greed-consumed world. Hoping to alleviate some of the tensions rising in the capital city of Sundari, Satine has called upon her friend Padme Amidala to make a diplomatic visit. And, Padme didn't come alone.

The Naboo cruiser landed on a platform where Duchess Satine awaited her visitors. Padme was the first to exit the ship, and she was followed by her two children, both dressed in blue as a sign of respect to the planet. And behind them were their horses. Despite Remix not being an official guard, Carousella had him fitted into one of the uniforms so he would blend in with her.

"Senator." Satine greeted with a curtsy.

"Duchess, it's good to see you." smiled Padme.

"Thank you for coming, Padme." Satine saw the children. "I see you've brought your little girl as well. And this must be the boy you adopted."

"I'm Boba, Your Grace." said the boy with a bow.

"I am very glad all of you could be here." Satine said, having the family walk with her. "I know our decision to stay neutral has caused distress in the Senate. But for many here, the fallout from your war has been too much."

"If your government has trade concerns, we can talk." said Padme. "Many systems have been affected."

The Duchess, the senator and her children all boarded a carriage ship.

"I assure you not everyone in the Republic has neglected Mandalore," Padme continued as she and Satine took their seats. "and there are those of us who would still vote to give you any help you require."

"The help we need now is opening trade routes so we may get supplies more freely." Satine explained.

"We are making progress in the Senate."

"If you need help with food, I can grow stuff with a wave of my hand." Gabby said. "Literally."

"Forgive me, Padme." said Satine. "I did not bring you or your children here to discuss politics. I had hoped to show you the new Mandalore."