Chapter 4: His Aura

There's a particular aura, one that glows so bright it might as well burn out the sunlight as it shines, so hot it can burn at ones intestines. Addictive, as it ingrains upon ones thoughts and leaves a scorching mark where the embers smolder everytime its presence returns. The heat though so encompassing is warm against the skin and it draws one to reach for it, again, everytime it is near, it lures one to go closer, and feel it devour thyself completely. Bright in brilliance, light in meaning, it encourages one to fester the scarce or the large morality one possess and bring it forth in display just so that it might be drawn to thyself in tandem. It is radiant, and it shows itself to all, though they may not reach for it, may not be effected by the full burn of its intensity; the allure of it charing ones insides and warming ones thoughts, it tries. It urges one to hide it away in grim possession so that you might be the only one to feel its fire. I have seen it shining, far away, nearby, obvious to anyone who cares to see who a person truly is inside. He resonates this addictive aura, this warming, pulling desire just to have him beside always, merely to brighten who I am as a person, to warm the cold I possess.

I would never admit that however, its such a hidden, private, yarning that I cannot bare to be shown to anyone even him. It would sound inane I'm well aware, and truthfully he would not comprehend what I see or what I mean. It does linger however, what I've said; I want for it to continually burn, never to extinguish, yet selfishly- I want it to glow and enlighten only me; for no one else to feel, as I do, the painful need to have its radiance beside me, scorching my thoughts, and searing my heart.

Natsu is luminant, and his aura shines so bright beside me my chest finds each breath easier to take in. He's happy that much is plain as he grins so large his eyes crinkle and his nose scrunches up, I squirm slightly, not uncomfortable but because of the fuzzing feel at my chest at the sight, a flutter in my stomach makes my lips turn up as I look down at him. My cheeks are flushed too as we walk; because of the heat of the day I can rationalize, it is night. We are walking to the park, a calming place where I doubt Natsu visits frequently- because it, is calm and away from the bustle of the crowded streets, which opposes his extensively extroverted mentality. Yet he bares no protest in his expression nor words, perhaps his words are still clogged in his throat just as mine are- out of nothing to say, certainly not nerves, nor the clench in my chest.

I wonder at his agreement, what I had seen. For it had been a beautiful sight: Well, impressive at the least -beautiful- he had been standing firm in front of me obsidian eyes wide, his pale hands had been twitching- shaking? His legs too, lesser, but it had an abnormality easy to ignore, under the simple fact I had been so focused on my swirling thoughts and drowning emotions which I'd spent so long attempting to comprehend the meaning of. We'd been stuck in silence because I couldn't seem to pull my damn panties up and speak past the invisible hand choking my adams apple. I had my legs cross tight so that they wouldn't bounce on the ground, and I'd forced my expression to remain firm set and not show a thing, I had been forcing it so that it would show my lack of care if he'd answered in a burning rejection. I'd been so aware of the glow on green leafs, the orange reflecting off as they swayed in the wind which had howled in my ears. Honestly, I had choked through asking, and it had come out as some type of utterance not to be heard by anyone with normal hearing. Just as him, I'd heard the most faint gasp so miniscule that my advanced hearing could hardly make out the sound. I'd tensed then, and felt my lips turn into a line and I made sure I hardened my express as much as possible for the impending rejection. When the shout had shocked my ears and I'd twitched hard for its sudden intensity in the former quiet. At first I hadn't heard the brightened 'yes,' too busy shaking away the shock of the sound ringing in my ears. Then it had registered, and I felt that warmth spread over my cheeks, over my whole body in the most comfortable sensation I've ever had. He'd grinned so wide it was an incredible sight, with pink hair shining, changed; a bright orange and red in places, darker pink in others, I'd just sat there for a moment at the sight. Still, his agreement confuses me, after all I had done, nye a year -seven- ago.