(the speech) part 8

I walked into the crowd while holding my bestfriends hand, they intertwined my hand with theirs which was weird, but its alright I guess. Afterall, they've been my bestfriend for years. The crowd was loud, some displeased and some hoping for a better future for both the monsters and humans.

"Oh, oh Y/N honey!" Your mother walked towards you with her husband, your father.

They stood behind you, your mothers hand on your shoulder. She seemed like she wanted harmony while your father seemed like he didn't want monsters walking the surface with us. God, how would be feel if he knows I have a crush on sa-

"You okay? Your hand is getting really sweaty." your bestfriend voiced out their concern. "Something on your mind?"

"..No."

"Okay, let me know if anything is bothering you."

You looked upstage to see Frisk the human, Toriel and..

and the skele-bros.

Sans looked at you and your bestfriends intertwined fingers, his pinpoint pupils being engulfed in darkness as he saw how my bestfriend was wiping the sweat off my hands. You didn't know exactly what made him feel that way. Until you noticed how your bestfriend was acting all lovey-dovey to you. Sans looked away immediately, putting both his hands inside his pocket. He didn't look at the crowd for a single time after that.

"What are you doing?" You questioned your bestfriend.

"..What? I'm just helping my bestfriend out, what's so wrong with that?" Your bestfriend responded.

You shrugged it off, then continued listening to Frisks speech about peace and harmony amongst the town and how we are all equals.

Many people demanded answers as to the 6 human souls. They asked if there was seriously no other choice, Frisk backed up.

"i'll take it from here, kid." sans stood infront of the audience. Glancing at you and your bestfriend holding hands before looking back at the crowd in a serious tone.

"we had no other choice, we tried to find other ways. our famous scientist W.D Gaster who got lost in time and space trying to find another way. he created the core which failed and.. he disappeared."

The crowd dispersed into whispers and muttering before one of the people in the crowd started screaming and throwing things up stage.

" YOU KILLED INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO FELL DOWN TO THE UNDERGROUND!"

Other humans joined in as the others tried to refrain the others from throwing objects, trying to defend the monsters upstage. It broke out into a huge riot.

Your bestfriend let your hand go and started to throw anything they found at sans, who had used a gaster blaster head to shield Frisk and the others.

"What are you doing? Why are you thro-"

"Y/N! We need to get out of here!" Your mother dragged you alongside your father. Pushing through the crowd.

Your mother lost a grip on you and you fell on the floor as a man tackled her, your father grabbing the man to fend his wife.

"MOM!!!" You shouted out with your voice shaking.

One of the people grabbed you by your shirts collar, lifted you up and threw you back down. They punched your face before being thrown aside by an unknown force.

A skeleton stood infront of you, his left eye blue. He held your hand tight as he teleported to your house.

"My mom! My family!! My bestfriend!" You cried out, breaking down into tears.

"uh, i'll get them here too, ok Y/N?" sans reassured.

"oh no, please don't cry kiddo.." sans was about to comfort you but you stopped him.

"J-Just go get them. Please sans." You begged.

Sans silently stood up and teleported back to the riot.

After some time, he came back with your parents. Both hurt but nothing severe. You were gleaming and smiling upon seeing them not too hurt.

"Oh my god! Thank you sans! Iloveyousomuch!" You blurted out as you ran to hug him for arriving with your parents.

"heh, its no problem kid." sans smiled at you with care in his eyes.

"i love you too, Y/N." he said under his breath.

You pulled away from the hug as your father growled in the background.

"your face.. it seems like they really got ya, huh?" sans tried to joke away his worry.

"I'll be fine. Mom, dad, this is sans. A monster who I have befriended." You introduced him to your parents.

"Oh honey! He's such a gentleman! You picked out just the right monster!" Your mother chimed in happily.

Your father did not really like the monsters, but he was thankful he got both you and his wife to safety so he let it slide.

"u-uh, whatcha mean by picked out the right monster?" Sans' face turned into a light blue hue.

"Yeah m-mom.." You stammered, "sans and I will head up to my room. I have something to tell him." You told her whilst lightly blushing.

"Okay honey, make sure no weird things happen up there!" Her voice got softer as you reached your room.

Sans looked tense. You let out a sigh,

"I'm sorry for acting that way before, sans."

Sans looked at you, tears at the corner of his eyes. He hugged you tight and you could feel his tears being soaked up in your t-shirt.

"i'm sorry too kid, i guess after i saw you at that speech. i had a little crush on you. especially when i saw you in your pj's and laughing at my pun while everyone was disgusted. it made me happy that there are some humans up here that accept monsters.."

"you just looked so cute no matter what you did, i couldnt help it when you and i got closer. im sorry kiddo, i really am." sans wept.

"i've been thinking that you hate me now, dont cha?" sans was still smiling, but his eyes were filled with sorrow and regret.

"..Of course not, you numbskull." you soothed.

"And maybe, I did like you back too." You whispered to him, looking at his eyes lovingly. He was blushing a dark blue hue and sweating.

"u-uh, hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah, what's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" You questioned

"whats that over there?" sans pointed behind you.

You looked behind you, just for him to hug you, and kiss you on your cheek as you turned your head to look behind.

"heh, i guess i finally got the guts to do this to ya." sans said.

You looked at sans' smug expression on his face, your face beet red.

"What was that for?!" You asked playfully.

"for being sans-ational, heheh" sans chuckled at his own pun.

You couldn't help but laugh at it.

"God, that was tear-able!"

_______________________