9 - Of Ravens and Snakes

Yeosang's gaze was fixed on Leedo. Like most of the time for the past months, he was observing the Slytherin's every move, out of both fascination and frustration. How could Leedo exert such attraction upon him? It was almost painful. Especially when some midgets were constantly surrounding him, and talking to him, and touching him.

The Ravenclaw Prefect watched closely as one of his best friend's brothers, Dongju, was jumping up and down around Leedo, hugging him from behind. "I know you're going to eat Ravenclaw, hyungnim!" Indeed, Slytherin would play against Ravenclaw that day, and Leedo was already fully dressed and his Slytherin scarf was lying on his shoulder.

Leedo was letting himself be handled by the small boy. He seemed to be thinking that the Hufflepuff first-year was adorable. "I'm supporting Slytherin, look!" Dongju was eagerly showing him a Slytherin scarf that someone had enchanted so that it now said: "Go, Leedo, go!"

Yeosang could not help but roll his eyes. He thought Leedo had seen him, but neither of them said anything. Dongju got all excited when Leedo smiled to him, and it irritated Yeosang so much that he let out a bitter comment, "You should sign it, since you're a star apparently."

Leedo narrowed his eyes, perplexed, and Dongju started pleading Leedo to sign his scarf. The Beater pet the boy's hair and promised him he would sign it if Dongju cheered loud enough to make Slytherin win. "Now you go eat a little," he ordered the young boy who pouted. "How will you cheer for me if you haven't built up your strength?"

Dongju eventually left for the Hufflepuff table, and Leedo's gaze fell on Yeosang again. The Ravenclaw was glaring back. He liked Leedo so much that it became so easy to hate him. As he did everytime that his feelings towards the Slytherin took over, Yeosang simply stood up and left without warning anyone.

Yunho was accustomed to these types of crises, and barely looked up. The other Slytherins frowned slightly and Yeosang heard someone run after him. He did not slow down, and tried to reach the Ravenclaw common room, but a firm muscular hand pulled on his forearm.

The fair-haired boy reluctantly turned towards Leedo, whose touch he had instantly recognised, and sighed as he stopped in the corridor.

"Alright, what's wrong?" the tall Slytherin asked in a mutter. He was visibly as irked as Yeosang was. "Is it because you're afraid I'll hurt someone from Ravenclaw?" As Yeosang remained impassive, Leedo continued, now more confused than angry, "You know I don't do it on purpose, right? It's just my job as a Beater. I won't touch any of your friends."

"I'm not afraid you'll hurt them," he replied in a murmur. He pinched his lips, afraid to have said too much already. But Leedo did not seem to understand. He never seemed to understand. Or was it that he did not care?

"Look, I'll do my best not to humiliate Ravenclaw today, for you, but you won't hate me if we win, will you?" The older boy now sounded soothing, as though he truly wanted Yeosang to feel better. That was the hardest about liking someone like Leedo; you never knew their real intentions.

"How could I ever hate you, hyung?" Yeosang whispered, looking down. "I'm— I'm sorry. I'm being stupid."

Leedo's warm hand, which was still on his forearm, began to rub softly against his skin. Yeosang shivered. "You're not stupid. You're in Ravenclaw. And you're the brightest person I know."

Yeosang smiled uncomfortably. It was so difficult to take compliments from him. "Good luck with the game today. I'll be wearing both Ravenclaw and Slytherin scarves."

He attempted a glance at the other boy, who was grinning at him. Leedo took the scarf from his shoulders and wrapped it gently around Yeosang's neck. For a moment, their faces were quite up close, and Yeosang could hear his breathing. "Then wear mine," Leedo eventually said.