The Darkness

Juliet
"SHIT WHICH ONE OF YOU GUYS CLOSED THE DOOR BEHIND US" Alex yells as we run up the stairs.

"Are we trapped down here" Karolina asks.

He uses his phone as a light and tries to open it.

"God it won't budge it must be locked" "don't take this wrong way Wilder but a little upper body strength might help"Chase stares.

He tries to open it no luck. "Heavier than it looks" "yeah everyone come on push together" we shove on the door.

It opens and we stumble out.

"Let's keep moving" we get up and run back to the guest house.

"Alright you guys go into the guest house I have an idea" he states. "Yeah what if it's a stupid idea that makes things worse" Chase asks paranoid. "Relax hes got this" Anya states.

"I trust you Alex" he runs off in another direction.

We run inside.

"It must've been some been some kind of Gibborim ceremony for a level higher than me that girl Destiny she's in the church that's the only thing that makes sense" "are you kidding me that makes no sense" Gert states.

"Me and my dad are atheist we don't believe in that shit so why would he be apart of your stupid ceremony" Anya says harshly.

"Right my parents are Jews not Gibbs but they are scientists maybe they were doing some cool experiment when they shoved a human into a box" Gert adds.

"Look the box kind of looked like a transporter right my dad is obsessed with time travel maybe he finally figured it out" "great theory Doc Brown"

I look at Gert with a disapproving glare. She knows I like Chase yet she won't let up.

Molly starts yawning. "I'm sorry molly are we boring you" "how about you lay off my sister" I say defensively.

"Guys whatever happened I think they killed that girl" the lights go out.

Alex comes running back in. "It worked" he states. "You cut the power" Chase asks.

"My parents just figured it out, I was covering the flash maybe it'll seem like a circuit blew" "more like your dumb idea did" I glare at Chase and he takes the hint.

"That's actually really smart" Anya tells him.

"But we can't just stand around here like something weird just happened" "I have an idea" Karolina states.

"Does that involve waking Molly" we look over at my sister.

I crouch down. "M come on you can sleep later I promise" she groans.

We get into compromising position in the twister mat. Especially Alex and Anya.

"Hey guys look who showed up" his parents walk in.

"How was the meeting" "uh good good just wrapping up" his dad states.

"We heard you guys weren't coming" "is it okay" Anya asks.

"Turns out we missed each other more than we thought" Chase states.

"So uh everything good here" "I wouldn't say that Anya just landed on green so uh things are about get a little freaky" I refrain from laughing at Anya's forced smile.

"Okay then we'll let you guys get to it" they leave.

I sigh in relief.

"There's no way my parents would kill someone alright especially an innocent girl" "so the glowing box and the disappearing girl isn't enough for you" Anya asks sarcastically.

"My parents fight for people like her" "yeah so does mine and destiny lived her she asked for my number she wants to hang out" Karolina states.

"Whoop di doo you got a girlfriend" I mutter rolling my eyes. Chase looks at me and I turn my head.

"She-she can't be...dead"

"Here's an idea how about we March down there and ask them" Nico suggest. "You want to asks group of murders if they killed someone" Anya asks narrowing her eyes. She scoffs "oh ya and while we're at it let's explain how we got down there in the first place" she says sarcastically.

"Cause finding out my mom is evil would be least surprising" "but the rest of our parents were down there too" Gert adds.

"So you're saying they're all psycho" I shrug. "Maybe, this is freaking me out" I say sitting down.

"Actually describes my dad pretty well" "ditto" Anya agrees with Chase.

"No way Dale and Stacey may have their quirks but their biggest character flaw is occasionally listening to Weird Al for pleasure" Gert states.

"Molly let me see that photo you took" she hands her phone to him.

We all look at it.

It's blurred by the light.

Later in front of house Anya pulled me outside. She shuts the door. "What's wrong" I ask confused. "Did you feel that" she asks. "That energy when they put her in the box" she says a little creeped. "Ya I did it felt...dark" "very dark"