Chapter 8

Owen.

I can't stop thinking about it. It's been about 36 hours and I still can't stop thinking about it. Even as I lay naked in bed next to my supposed girlfriend, who should be all I'm thinking about right now, I'm thinking about Amelia and that kiss. I groan as I look down at my body, which is naturally responding to the dirty thoughts in my head. From just a kiss. A kiss.

"What's wrong?" Becca yawns as she flips over and snuggles into my chest.

"Nothing," I lie. Nothing except that I kissed Amelia and I want to do it again. "I'm just..."

"Horny?" she finishes for me, eyeing the small tent that my erection has created. Why are men's bodies so useless at hiding arousal?

"Yeah," I answer. Although not for you. She smiles mischievously at me and disappears beneath the covers to give me a blow job. I feel disgusted because, throughout the entire performance that my wonderful girlfriend has decided to grace me with at this early hour, I imagine Amelia's sucking me off.

I haven't seen Amelia since the kiss. She didn't come into work the day after and she didn't answer my calls. So, when she walked into the elevator on Wednesday morning and our eyes locked, all the memories and feelings from Monday night came rushing back in full force. For most of the elevator ride, we remained silent and professional, due to the fact that others were around us. But, once everyone left the elevator and it was just me and her...

"Amelia," I say, looking down at the floor, "We should talk."

"I don't have time to talk. I'm kinda busy today," she answers flatly. We stand in silence once more until I can't take it anymore. I reach in front of us and press the red button and the elevator stops moving.

"Now you have time," I say as I stand up in front of her, "Why won't you talk to me?" I look down at her and see her purposely avoiding eye contact. "You won't even look at me."

She sighs and looks up at me now. "I think it's pretty obvious why I won't look at you."

"Okay," I agree, gesturing between the both of us, "Well then, let's talk about it and see if we can-"

"I don't want to talk about it," she says, chuckling bitterly to herself, "I don't want to even be in the same space as you."

"Okay, ouch," I say, thinking of what to say next.

Amelia sighs again, apologising, "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to hurt you." She looks up at me and there's a sad look in her eyes. "What we did last night was wrong on so many levels."

"Amelia, do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" I ask her, trying to be as honest as I can.

"That doesn't make it okay, Owen," she replies, "You just got into a relationship, and I've been with Ryan..."

"I only got into that relationship because of you!" I exclaim to her, knowing I should've probably kept that part to myself. I take a deep breath and centre my thoughts. "Amelia, do you think you would've still chosen Ryan if we had slept together that night?"

"I don't know!" Amelia hisses, "I barely knew either of you!" She pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a deep breath. "You fell asleep, Owen. You made it pretty clear that you weren't interested in me at all-,"

"I was drunk!" I defend, but she scoffs and rolls her eyes, clearly not believing my statement. I didn't want to add the 'sleepless nights because of PTSD' explanation to my excuse. "I am crazy about you, Amelia. I've been crazy about you for months!"

"I find that very hard to believe when all you've done since we've met is push me towards Ryan." I open my mouth to reply, but then I close it, not sure of what I want to say anymore.