22 • Mommy & Me

Motel

Motel

I felt myself tossing and turning, I was sweating and growling. Then there he was.

"It's hard reaching you these days when you are woke," he said.

"Just kill me."

"Then, who will help raise my grandchild?"

"She looks like your mother," he said.

"Yes, the daughter you murdered."

"Things had to be done. Do you understand? Did sugar leave you, how long ago now? Hopping from motel to motel and not a word from her? Two weeks? Three?" He said.

I charged at him but he forced me to hit the cement wall.

"I don't want to hurt my favorite now." He smiled.

"If you want Raina dead you do it your fucking self."

"Oh, you ca..."

"I care about no one but Chepi..." I was dropped onto my bed and when my eyes opened Chepi was there looking at me.

"Are you okay?" She said with her curly hair half white.

"Just bad dreams, why are you up?"

"You were screaming, and you scratched me," she held up her bloody arm.

You heard right, it's been three weeks, and nothing from Sug. There is no sign of anything magical about Chepi besides her hair. She can't heal as I can or anything, not as fast as me, no fangs no fur, not even wings.

But something is there because of her hair.

"I'm sorry, I was fighting a dinosaur," I lied but she just smiled.

"It's okay it doesn't hurt at all," she said.

She was bleeding, and it was deep gashes on her forearm.

"This doesn't hurt?" I poked it.

"Nope," she said.

I held my hands over her wound and closed my eyes. When I removed my hands she was fine and not healed.

"What's that for?" She laughed.

"Nothing, I will go see if the front has a first aid kit or something."

Shadow and Chloe are gone they went looking for something for me. So, for a week it's just me and my daughter.