Chapter 3: What have I gotten myself into?

Here we are, and I've got another chapter for you. Let's see what Pythor has got planned next!

Unless of course, you've actually watched the show, then...well you already know what happens.

"What is the meaning of this!" Yelled an annoyed Hypnobrai warrior at Skales, who didn't appreciate the open hostility.

"Sssilence! I have made my decision, and that's final!" Skales yelled back, emphasizing his declaration beforehand.

He knew that his decision would cause a bit of an uproar amongst his warriors, but he hadn't expected that they speak their grievances right to his face. But he couldn't blame them. After the disaster that was Pythor's 'meeting', his announcement that he would be searching for the lost city of Ouroboros was beyond bold. It didn't help either that he had asked for assistance on his endeavor, only to be met by silence. Soon after that the other Generals and their tribes left the tram station to keep themselves from attacking each other, leaving only Pythor and the Hypbnobrai. Still, it didn't seem to break his spirit, as he continued with the preparations.

"But, but...we don't understand, why would you go with that Anacondrai!" Yelled another warrior, who had pushed himself in front of the crowd gathered around the General.

"Yeah! The whole meeting was a catastrophe, and now you're going to go with him for what? To look for some long-lost city?!" Spoke another, earning some agreeing shouts from like-minded Serpentine.

"Can you even trust that snake?! I'd say we leave him to his crazy plans, and go our way! He can look around all of Ninjago for all I care!" Another shouted, soon followed by other voices with the same frustrations.

At that point, Skales had gotten tired of all the yelling, and with an angry huff, he stomped his staff on the ground, sending the sound echoing throughout the tunnels, and making the Hypnobrai silent.

"Enough! I don't want to hear any more of your mistrustful commentsss toward me! I'm going to go with Pythor, which most likely means I'll be gone for a couple of daysss. You are to go to the tomb and ssstay there until further notice. Isss that understood!" He explained to them, waiting for them to answer with an angry scowl on his face. After a few seconds of looking and talking between themselves, a few in the front reluctantly muttered "Understood..."

"Good. Now go." Skales said, before turning around and slithering away from the crowd.

"Wait!" Shouted a Hypnobrai, making Skales stop in his tracks.

"Who will lead us in the meantime?" He continued, making Skales turn to face the crowd again while trying his best to keep down a surprised look, as he had genuinely forgotten to leave someone in charge while he was gone.

He looked around the crowd, wondering who he should pick. The first face he noticed was Slithraa's, though he wasn't stupid enough to leave him in charge. Not while being as unpopular as he was currently. The more he thought about who to choose, the more it became clear that the only one who really came to mind was Mezmo. Skales wasn't exactly sure he was the most trustworthy type, but if he had to make the choice, it would be him.

"Mezmo ssshall lead you while I'm gone!" He declared, before moving back to the crowd, where Mezmo stepped forward, lacking the same surprised look on the other Serpentines' faces. Skales went right in front of him and made direct eye contact before directly addressing him.

"I expect that there won't be any trouble while I'm gone." He said quietly, as the words were only intended for Mezmo.

"No need to worry...General." The Serpentine said back, though Skales had a hard time discerning whether he was being genuine.