Chapter 30

Their house was exactly how she had remembered it. That little chimney, log-like house. Except this time, the ground was covered with a layer of white dust. Snow? Was it possible it was snowing? Surely it couldn't be Winter already.

Brooke sank her fingers deep into the snow. Picking it up, it twinkled, then slowly melted in her hands. Grace was already clutching her bare hands together forming a snowball. They were surely going to be red and raw later.

"Brooke! And Grace, you too!" their mother screamed from the porch, suddenly appearing behind the front door. Her cheeks were rosy, and she was much, much happier than they had ever seen her. "What were you thinking," she waved two pairs of pink and white mittens, dangling them in her face. "Going outside and playing in the snow without mittens?"

"Sorry, Mother." Brooke said sheepishly as she strode through the thick, fluffy snow that was drifting leisurely now.

"Don't you find this snow a bit strange though?" asked Brooke.

"No," their mother continued in a mid-scream. "But I find it strange that you two are playing in the snow without a proper jacket either."

"Alright Mother, we heard you," said Grace hurriedly, running over the snow as quickly as she could.

"We're coming inside."

They neared the front porch steps. "Come on now." their mother called. "I've got hot chocolate for you both."

With the prospect of hot chocolate, Grace ducked inside eagerly. Glancing behind at the 'winter' landscape, Brooke gave a contented farewell– before following her sister inside.

★・・・・・・★★・・・・・・★★・・・・・・★★

ʜɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟɪᴇꜱ! ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ! ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴀᴛʜ ɪꜱ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!

ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇʟʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ɪᴛ!

ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ɪ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴀᴛʜ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɴᴇxᴛ:

ʜᴛᴛᴘꜱ://ᴡᴡᴡ.ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ.ᴄᴏᴍ/1250826489 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ

ᴀɴᴅ ◛⑅·˚ ༘ ♡

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ! ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ'ꜱ ᴛᴀʟᴇ :)

ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1: ᴇɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀꜱ

ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏᴏᴋ 2: ᴇɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴꜱ

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴏᴜꜱ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ, ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴅᴀʏ :)

★・・・・・・★★・・・・・・★★・・・・・・★★

ᵐᵒⁿˢᵗᵉʳ'ˢ ʷʳᵃᵗʰ 🍃जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें